Phantom 2 v2.0

Reaction score
I posted this in another topic but it was the wrong one so here it goes:

I have the problem that I ordered a phantom 2 v2.0 but won't be receiving it until 22nd. I have the option of changing it for the phantom 2 v1.0 since it hasn't been shipped yet (I'm thinking to do this because of all the problems that exist with the P2V+, anyway I'm getting the non vision and I don't really know if this one has problems).

So what should I do? And since I don't live in the US and I will be taking it to my home country and won't be able to send it back for replacement or repair.

TIA

I don't believe there are any reported problems (yet...knock on wood) with P2 V2s.

I'd stick with the P2 V2.

Even if anything happens and I can't send it back? How hard is it to change and ESC?

I've seen all three videos b4 to make sure I could do it but I'm not sure. Have u soldered b4? How hard?

Eltrochaphantom said:
I've seen all three videos b4 to make sure I could do it but I'm not sure. Have u soldered b4? How hard?

The most important part in soldering is to get yourself a good soldering iron... If you get a cheap one, you'll tend to get antsy and end up trying to speed it along by using the tip to melt the solder which can end up in cold solder joints...

Invest in a good high power system and practice on things that don't matter... You'll get the hang of it.

My biggest problem now is that I have the shaking hand trait that runs in my family... So little wires are tough for me..

Buckaye said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

The most important part in soldering is to get yourself a good soldering iron... If you get a cheap one, you'll tend to get antsy and end up trying to speed it along by using the tip to melt the solder which can end up in cold solder joints...

Invest in a good high power system and practice on things that don't matter... You'll get the hang of it.

My biggest problem now is that I have the shaking hand trait that runs in my family... So little wires are tough for me..

HAHAHA it happens.

What is ur opinion on what should I do, I'm talking about the first post.

I'll echo the sentiment about P2 non vision v2.0 owners not experiencing what the V+ folks have. For a while I was highly concerned, but since then I've continued to fly (cautiously) and haven't experienced a catastrophic failure (yet).
I'd stick with the P2 v2.0 as well.

phenom3030 said:
I'll echo the sentiment about P2 non vision v2.0 owners not experiencing what the V+ folks have. For a while I was highly concerned, but since then I've continued to fly (cautiously) and haven't experienced a catastrophic failure (yet).

+1 Have a V1 Phantom and a V2 and they both work flawlessly (so far on V2). I think it is a very good idea to get the V2 since there are improvements and you get a shielded compass which, though DJI hasn't acknowledged it, may help reduce the VERY rare non-user-error flyaway...

Ok thank u guys very much I really appreciate it. I'll let u know how it goes. It will arrive in a couple of weeks

phenom3030 said:

BTW which ESC do u have just for curiosity.

Thanks

Eltrochaphantom said:
I posted this in another topic but it was the wrong one so here it goes:

I have the problem that I ordered a phantom 2 v2.0 but won't be receiving it until 22nd. I have the option of changing it for the phantom 2 v1.0 since it hasn't been shipped yet (I'm thinking to do this because of all the problems that exist with the P2V+, anyway I'm getting the non vision and I don't really know if this one has problems).

So what should I do? And since I don't live in the US and I will be taking it to my home country and won't be able to send it back for replacement or repair.

TIA

I say stay with the P2, V2.0 as it has improved ESCs and motors. It is what I have and so far, knocking on my head/wood, I haven't had a problem. There is no reason to buy an older model.

Buckaye said:
Eltrochaphantom said:

Please read my soldering instructions in Help, in FC40 swim, thread.

I've seen you comment on the other threads I've posted regarding the whole ESC issue/new motors issue. I posted pictures showing that my ESC's do not have a vX.X number. Also posted a video showing that mine makes the power on chime, but does not make the four beeps afterward. So I'm not completely sure what ESC's I have, but according to a Youtube video showing the differences, it seems I have the ESC's with the appropriate firmware. Also, my ESC's have the blue pen mark the capacitors.

I'm being brave with my P2 V2.0 as you'll see in this video. :D
when I opened it up to install FPV gear, I did make sure to separate the motor/esc wires, so if they were to get extra hot, they at least would not touch eatch-other.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg3XCsRxj-c[/youtube]

phenom3030 said:
I've seen you comment on the other threads I've posted regarding the whole ESC issue/new motors issue. I posted pictures showing that my ESC's do not have a vX.X number. Also posted a video showing that mine makes the power on chime, but does not make the four beeps afterward. So I'm not completely sure what ESC's I have, but according to a Youtube video showing the differences, it seems I have the ESC's with the appropriate firmware. Also, my ESC's have the blue pen mark the capacitors.

Sorry. I may have asked u in another post but there are just too many people that I can't remember. Thanks anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20