phantom 2 v2.0 fpv

Reaction score
hello everybody, it's time for me to add the fpv to my phantom 2 v2.0.. But i don't know what i need to buy to make this possible. i have the h4-3d gimbal with a gopro hero 4 silver. i would like to use my ipad mini for a screen is this possible ? thanks julien

Maybe...
I haven't tried it but there is solution on ebay. I can only assume as I don't have one to test.

Totem 702W 5.8G Wireless Receiver +WiFi Converter for DJI Phantom 2 TV6D

You setup your FPV system on bird side as per normal - 5.8ghz analogue transmitter/antenna/mini IOSD/H33D/GoPro.

You then use the ebay 5.8ghz analogue receiver. The receiver then sends the AV signals to a converter which broadcasts a wifi signal to your smart phone. I would assume you will need an app for FPV.

I also think this will NOT work with Ground station or anything that utilises 2 way coms. All this does is convert your traditional system to output to a smart device.

Thanks for th answer mako,, i will take a look at it,, would it be more simple to use a traditional 7 inch screen ??

Thanks for th answer mako,, i will take a look at it,, would it be more simple to use a traditional 7 inch screen ??
Yeah.
The advantage of using smartphones is that everyone has one. If you forget to charge or bring your FPV screen then tough titties.
Make sure you get one with an in built receiver and battery like the Flysight 32ch.

On a side note.. I have a Phantom 2 that does what you wanted.
Its a Phantom 2 Vision Plus tricked out with a H33d and gopro. It uses the DJI vision app with any smart phone for FPV and has 2 ways communication for Ground Station and dynamic home point. I sold the P2 Vision Plus 3 axis camera and gimbal and it covered the cost of the H33D. The telemetry and FPV was already built into the app. I simply gave it new "eyes" - the Hero3+BE and this gave me the benefit of using the GoPro in the sky or detach to use on the ground. It was more beneficial at that time. But now, considering how cheap the P3 are, its best to have P3 for aerial and a GoPro for the rough terrain.

Yeah.
The advantage of using smartphones is that everyone has one. If you forget to charge or bring your FPV screen then tough titties.
Make sure you get one with an in built receiver and battery like the Flysight 32ch.

On a side note.. I have a Phantom 2 that does what you wanted.
Its a Phantom 2 Vision Plus tricked out with a H33d and gopro. It uses the DJI vision app with any smart phone for FPV and has 2 ways communication for Ground Station and dynamic home point. I sold the P2 Vision Plus 3 axis camera and gimbal and it covered the cost of the H33D. The telemetry and FPV was already built into the app. I simply gave it new "eyes" - the Hero3+BE and this gave me the benefit of using the GoPro in the sky or detach to use on the ground. It was more beneficial at that time. But now, considering how cheap the P3 are, its best to have P3 for aerial and a GoPro for the rough terrain.

Can you further elaborate the "tricked out" part ? Thanks.

I have a P2 and went to you tube and searched FPV, the setup that's comes up most works Great!! Immersion trans, the Black shark receiver/monitor. Very easy to install as well.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bernek
Thanks ! will take a good look and read about it maybe I can change the egg camera to something else and still get telemetry.
Egg camera? From the vision? I think you need wifi module and and cables to suit. It's an expsensive modification.

Egg camera? From the vision? I think you need wifi module and and cables to suit. It's an expsensive modification.

I already have P2V (including egg camera all functional) I just want to change or add another camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl