Phantom 2 V gimble wires.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Phantom 2 that's never been used. I have no intentions of putting a gimbal or go pro on it. Can I just clip the wire off so it will at least look better? Can't sell it, so I may as well fly it. May give it to my 7 year old son. I have a Phantom 4, now.
Thank you,
Terry

Hey Terry,
Is it a Vision? Or a P2?( non vision? )
Can you post a picture of the wires, and I would not just CUT, THEM, but rather remove top casing, and unplug them, and remove them, if any of the wires get cut and short out, will burn out your phantom mainboard, or naza unit.
It is simple to remove top and wires. If you have armbands on it, just use razor blade to CUT the bands,instead of peeling them off.
There are 4 screws per arm, 1x small Phillips, 3x Allen screws, DO NOT REMOVE THE ( 4 ) motor screws, it is not necessary.
One is close to landing gear, then 2 before motor screws, then small Phillips on arm ends. 4 per arm.

Hope this helps.
J Dot
:cool:

It is a V2. Thank you very much.
Terry

Reactions: J Dot
L1020049.JPG
L1020052.JPG

L1020050.JPG

Are your instructions the same for this drone? I need to learn to fly before flying my new P4, so I may as well use this one. Have it for sale on 3 websites, with no interest. Does anyone know the most current firmware so I can get it set up?
Thank you,
Terry

Yes
The same, ALL P2's are the same internals, the only difference from yours to a vision, or vision plus, is your Tx and receiver, are 2.4ghz, where the vision crafts use 5.8ghz.

But with a vision camera/gimbal, wiring kit, 5.8ghz receiver, and Tx, also a range extenderyou now have a vision craft. Then add a wifi module, plus camera, antennas and wires, you have a vision plus.

So Yes, open top, track wires you wish to delete, unplug them, and remove them, put top back on, and you are good to go.
I would not worry about the firmware, depending on your model, it might have older firmware, before all the restrictions.
But I believe 3.14 or 3.16, is the newest. I prefer 3.08 myself.

If you want there are several YouTube videos on opening your phantom for the first time.

I'd HIGHLY recommend you learn on the p2, to at least fly, ORIENTATION is the key, learn to fly nose forward first, then left/right forward, lastly back forward. This will train you in orientation, and to know which way to go, if you get into trouble. I constantly fly patterns, and tax myself daily. Lastly, go have FUN my friend.
( the cameras on the newer crafts ( p4 ) included, do not hold up in a crash, where your p2, will most likely fly again after a crash ( not a 300' drop, but a brush with a tree, ect. You'll be ok, the p4 NOT so much! ) hope this helps.

J Dot

It sure does help. That's exactly what I will do. Also, I charged my P4 controller, yesterday. It's fully charged, but the red light is on. It doesn't beep, just a constant red light. It is not connected to my iPad yet. Is this something to be concerned about? I have a 7 day return policy, so I'm trying to make sure everything is working.
Thank you.

By Terry,
I've not had the pleasure of fooling with the P4 yet, my collection ends at the P3 pro. But inspire is next on my list, so I'd hate to relay the wrong info to you, although I'm sure they are close to being the same, I'd say ask the P4 guys. sorry, I just don't know.

Did you buy it new or used?
I know when my p3 did that it was a firmware issue, but it was used. I'd try to hook everything up first, craft, Tx and tablet, then go from there.i do have a friend who works and reapairs them, I can ask him or give you his number, he is a super genius with these crafts.

Let me know.
J Dot

Please do ask him. I would really appreciate it.
Than you,
Terry

Hello,
I have a Phantom 2 that's never been used. I have no intentions of putting a gimbal or go pro on it. Can I just clip the wire off so it will at least look better? Can't sell it, so I may as well fly it. May give it to my 7 year old son. I have a Phantom 4, now.
Thank you,
Terry

From the paper work you posted you live in Virginia. Well your son must be 13 years of age to fly a quadcopter larger then 0.55 pounds.

OK, here they are. I drilled out the one screw, and will find another to fit.

Attachments

• L1020069.JPG
    L1020069.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 295
  • L1020068.JPG
    L1020068.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 280
  • L1020067.JPG
    L1020067.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 324
  • L1020066.JPG
    L1020066.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 283
Yes, in pictures 2-3-&4, those can be removed, but in picture 1,
The lead I circled, needs to plug back into M3 socket, it is your esc com wire.
IMG_0210.JPG

Other than that you should be good to go.
Let me know.

J Dot

How do I make sure the orientation of the top goes back on correctly? I forgot to mark it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20