Phantom 2 v 3.0 h3-3d gimbal

Reaction score
I have a question I have a brand new phantom 2 v3.0 with a h3-3d gimbe land I was wondering witch gopro camera I need to get a black 3+ or a gopro black 4 ?? What are some issues I may have from each I'm going. Tomarrow to buy one. And all the input I can get pros and cons I apperate please help lol

Depends if you are after quality. Are you going to use the

If you are deciding on GP4 - you can only get the black as the HERO has a permanent casing and the silver has a built in rear display.

3+ Black Edition:
Cheaper
Lower performance - 4k is 15fps - If you just need 1080 60fps and no messing about get this.
Can do reverse mod to use rear hero port (H3-3D 1.0).
Designed specifically for the H3-3D - less modding and just bolt on.
Cheaper memory cards - uses UHS 1 @ 45mbs

4 Black:
Better performance - 4k@30fps - can do night lapse photos. Mind you, not many people have 4K displays.
Heavier and different weight distribution. Some need balancing with counter weights.
Need to mod the gimbal so the side mode button doesn't trigger during flight - either make indentation on the gimbal arm with dremel or use double sided tape with padding.
Only works with side USB for FPV (H3-3D 1.1). Side usb is flimsy and fragile. DJI gives you a spare and they are cheap. This does make it hard to access the SD card and charge the gopro.

I just purchased the GP3+BE - they are hard to get a hold of as GOpro is phasing them out.

Personally, i would go with the 3+ BE. That's what i run and love the smoothness in the 1080p 60fps. I personally don't forsee a need to jump to the hero 4, not to mention the extra work to make it work in the gimbal well. I have also heard in other posts that the 4 sometimes has issue if you are going to run a FPV setup.

Score a 3+ BE on a black friday sale, there are a ton out there!

I have the Gopro 4 silver and it works perfectly on the HD-3D gimbal with no adjustments, plus it has the screen so it can be used as a proper camera (able to frame shots. The quality of video is excellent in 1080 60fps. I have experimented with 4k and 2.7k but honestly my other equipment, video editing apps and isp speed can't handle it. I can't even watch youtube vids in 4k so I don't bother with it.

By the way, the screen is not just a viewer, you get the full menu to adjust settings on the fly. It suits my purposes perfectly and I am very impressed with the video quality, very pleased with my choice and it has proved to be an awesome aerial camera.

I hate to bother everyone just trying to score my a camera in the morning and it looks like a lot of problems people are having using gopro 4s that's why im asking which was to go Ill be using this for search and rescue and aerial photos im pretty new to the fpv and the phantoms I just bought one and haven't got it out of the box yet .. I had a gopro 3 black and sold it earlier today to get ether a 3+ black or a 4 black ... I can get a 3+ black for around 300 new and a gp4 black for around 400 in the morning .. so which should I buy

As mentioned, the GoPro Hero 4 Silver works fine in the H3-3D gimbal, however I had to spend about three or four minutes with a Dremel tool to create a little space on the gimbal frame for the Hero 4's side button. Some have reported they didn't need to grind on the gimbal frame, but I don't understand - as soon as I inserted the GP4 in the gimbal, the side button was pushed and WiFi turned on.

Edit: If you need 4K resolution, go for the Hero 4 Black but it reportedly chews up batteries in the 4K mode.

johncanfield said:
As mentioned, the GoPro Hero 4 Silver works fine in the H3-3D gimbal, however I had to spend about three or four minutes with a Dremel tool to create a little space on the gimbal frame for the Hero 4's side button. Some have reported they didn't need to grind on the gimbal frame, but I don't understand - as soon as I inserted the GP4 in the gimbal, the side button was pushed and WiFi turned on.

I don't understand either John but I am one of those that haven't ground the frame. The button does touch the gimbal but no matter how hard I try the gimbal will not activate the side button. Slight variance in manufacturing tolerances maybe. I may file it down for peace of mind at some point.

What resolution do you find best for aerial filming with the silver?

Pedantic point; I think the v3.0 is a vision. The latest Phantom 2 is v2.0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic