Phantom 2, Taranis x9d, EZUHF tx and Rx.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a P2, Taranis x9d with the EZUHF-JR Model and the EZUHF Rx 8Channel.
Updated the firmware on both EZUHF Tx and Rx to the latest update...5.0
Did the binding procedure which seems to have taken properly because the Immersion RC Software finalized the Binding and indicated Binding was Complete...But the Red Indicator on the Rx is blinking more rapidly than what I've seen on Youtube videos...which indicate the blinking should be a nice slow calm heartbeat type blinking. Mine is about 2 blinks per second.
Assuming that it is Binded correctly, I also turned off the internal Transmitter of the Taranis and set the External for the EZUHF-JR which beeped 3 times indicating it was set as the Master. The RX being connected with 1 servo cable into any of it's 8 channels from the Naza M. I turn on the P2, the Taranis and I see what appears the blinking of the Rx and the Taranis with the EZUHF beeping 3 times...then the P2 Failsafe lights blink rapidly...I do not know why the P2 isn't seeing the EZUHF as the controller...
Can someone please give some guidance? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Okay RC guys,
I'm going to answer my own question here and I'm posting this message so anyone else who might be experiencing a similar situation can see the results of my research.

So, I purchased the Phantom 2 a few months ago. This is my first RC so I'm very inexperienced and I've taken the time to do a lot of reading and research and learn about it. Been successful at educating myself but I still have a long ways to go.

The EZUHF Tx and Rx are what I was attempting to install into the Phantom 2 with the intention of having long-range flight. This transmitter and receiver require the Phantom 2 to be put into PPM mode. Turns out that Phantom 2 assistant software no longer has that as an option. Apparently it used to be an option but DJI changed the software and switching into PPM mode is no longer an available option.
So, I spent over $200 on a transmitter and receiver which I cannot use. It would've been nice if the retailer who I actually spoke with on the telephone was aware of this and told me not to buy it because it would be a waste of my money. Perhaps in the future DJI will come out with an updated firmware which reinitiate's PPM mode.

But, all in all I would have to say that I have installed quite a few different abilities onto this phantom 2 which make it a very nice bird. I have the Taranis remote control which performs very well and gives a nice longer range which I'm satisfied with. I also have the Bluetooth Ground Station working well and I love having autopilot. Then I also have the Black Pearl 7 inch monitor with long-range video streaming.

So, I hope that this information is helpful for some people out there.
Enjoy your flying.

OK, a question if I may. I too am getting myself setup for longer range flights. I have a P2V+, but am now planning a 'back grade' to a P2 with the hero3 and h3-3d gimbal, so I have more options for upgrading..

For your ground station to work, I'm assuming you are doing this via the stock bluetooth and 2.4G data link?

For the video link to work, I am assuming you are using 5.8G Tx/Rx?

How do you then go for the RC to co-exist with the 2.4G data link? Any problems? I'm guessing there may have been and this is why you were trying the EZUHF?

Any/all assistance is welcomed.

stujeff said:
OK, a question if I may. I too am getting myself setup for longer range flights. I have a P2V+, but am now planning a 'back grade' to a P2 with the hero3 and h3-3d gimbal, so I have more options for upgrading..

For your ground station to work, I'm assuming you are doing this via the stock bluetooth and 2.4G data link?

For the video link to work, I am assuming you are using 5.8G Tx/Rx?

How do you then go for the RC to co-exist with the 2.4G data link? Any problems? I'm guessing there may have been and this is why you were trying the EZUHF?

Any/all assistance is welcomed.

The DataLink for the groundstation doesn't interfere with the 2.4GHz control channel, as the Phantom's controller (and most of the decent aftermarket options) have frequency-hopping technology to avoid that. Many people use the 2.4GHz groundstation with 2.4GHz Phantoms (and many other platforms) with no problem.

Sorry about the delayed response. I haven't logged on here in a while.
Our friend from Clarksville Tennessee is correct about the datalink Ground Station working just fine along with the phantoms controller as the phantoms controller has frequency hopping technology. They both are on 2.4 GHz and I have used to Ground Station perfectly fine with the P2.
My intention of using the EZUHF had nothing to do with the frequencies being the same between the P2 and the Ground Station. It was purely to extend the range of the Phantom.

P.S. Be aware that if you are going to use the Ground Station that you will need above an I-pad2....You need a I-Pad 3, or I-Pad 4 or I-Pad Mini for it to work.

Just received a reply from DJI in regards to the PPM option in the assistant software.
They said they have no plans of reinstating that option...no reason in the response...just a short and simple uninformed "NO."
All the boards and messages I've come across, I've not read one that said anything positive about DJI customer relations.
Perhaps we need a few competitive options out there to provide better customer satisfaction.

Hi guys,
I have a P2, Taranis x9d with the EZUHF-JR Model and the EZUHF Rx 8Channel.
Updated the firmware on both EZUHF Tx and Rx to the latest update...5.0
Did the binding procedure which seems to have taken properly because the Immersion RC Software finalized the Binding and indicated Binding was Complete...But the Red Indicator on the Rx is blinking more rapidly than what I've seen on Youtube videos...which indicate the blinking should be a nice slow calm heartbeat type blinking. Mine is about 2 blinks per second.
Assuming that it is Binded correctly, I also turned off the internal Transmitter of the Taranis and set the External for the EZUHF-JR which beeped 3 times indicating it was set as the Master. The RX being connected with 1 servo cable into any of it's 8 channels from the Naza M. I turn on the P2, the Taranis and I see what appears the blinking of the Rx and the Taranis with the EZUHF beeping 3 times...then the P2 Failsafe lights blink rapidly...I do not know why the P2 isn't seeing the EZUHF as the controller...
Can someone please give some guidance? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks
all you nead is a futaba sbe-1 conveter

heres how I achieved long range with my p2. Replaced stock rc antennae with fpvlr long range, replaced fpv antennae also with fpvlr, range so far has been 3 km plus one way with great image quality and excellent reception just myself from going farther at this time but don't see any issues to achieve this. I too also purchased a taranis plus with intentions of using this radio on p2, this is an awesome radio however I have found that staying with stock rc with upgrades was the best and easiest way to go. Using taranis with haptic feed back and voice alerts was what drew me to this radio but set up to phantom and results soon changed my mind. Taranis is now being used in my align m470,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic