Phantom 2 Standard with FeiYu Tech New Version (6 Ball) 3-Axis Brushless 3D Gimbal

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Man! You guys know your stuff...

So I have my Phantom 2 and am looking for an affordable gimbal. does anyone know how to attach this gimbal?

I am wondering is it a simple matter of plug and play with the phantom 2 using the 8 pin cable already coming from the phantom 2 an inserting it into the 8pin plug on gimbal.
Noticing from the gimbals manual online the additional wires that come with it to connect power etc. to the pins on the gimbal are exactly the same as what the wires are from the 8pin cable coming from the phantom 2, so surely its just a simple plug the phantom 8 pin cable into gimbal right? I assume there is no need for additonal power supply other than the 8 pin cable, correct?
I havent broought yet an cant fin anything else about this online. Hope you guys can help.
please clarify.

Thanx in advance guys :)))

Regards

Last edited:
The 8 pin cable you are referring to is for DJI zenmuse gimbals only.

Hi Jason

thanx for reply.

can you advise on a gimbal? I have found a cheap Zenmuse 3d one online for around 150 should I get it??????

Hi Jason

thanx for reply.

can you advise on a gimbal? I have found a cheap Zenmuse 3d one online for around 150 should I get it??????

My personal feelings about aftermarket gimbals is that you get what you paid for. If you seen a new h3-3d or h4-3d for $150 get it. A new one h4-3d from www.bhphotovideo.com is listed for $199 dollars. Of course the Zenmuse gimbals are designed to carry a GoPro camera not any of the aftermarket cameras.

My personal feelings about aftermarket gimbals is that you get what you paid for. If you seen a new h3-3d or h4-3d for $150 get it. A new one h4-3d from www.bhphotovideo.com is listed for $199 dollars. Of course the Zenmuse gimbals are designed to carry a GoPro camera not any of the aftermarket cameras.
Thanx for your help. One more thing, sorry. I have a gopro 2. I now the dimensions are the same to fit in but I understand it is thicer an will be slightly heavy towards the front. Can you see that being a problem?

Thanx for your help. One more thing, sorry. I have a gopro 2. I now the dimensions are the same to fit in but I understand it is thicer an will be slightly heavy towards the front. Can you see that being a problem?

The hero 2 is 2.9mm thicker then a hero3+ or 4 are only 2mm deep. The other problem is the position of the USB connector on the hero 2 cameraas it's much higher up and would be a problem for the ribbon cable which supplies both power and video from the camera. Of course there are used cameras online for less then retail that's how I bought two of my four GoPro's

I see. I would only be using my hero 2 for filming with out FPV. So basically I woul start it rolling and then fly it. I wouln't have FPV until I investe in a new gopro.

ust seen the dimensions of both gopro 2 & 3 and yes its thicker but everything else seems about right to fit into zenmuse.
Will the thickness and additional front weight cause a problem with tilt or leveling or can the gimbal handle it. The hero appears to be slightly lighter than the 3 from what I have read?

I see. I would only be using my hero 2 for filming with out FPV. So basically I woul start it rolling and then fly it. I wouln't have FPV until I investe in a new gopro.

ust seen the dimensions of both gopro 2 & 3 and yes its thicker but everything else seems about right to fit into zenmuse.
Will the thickness and additional front weight cause a problem with tilt or leveling or can the gimbal handle it. The hero appears to be slightly lighter than the 3 from what I have read?

There is the problem with the USB connector on the hero 2 and the ribbon USB cable on the gimbal will not matchup. Then because of it's depth size being .9 mm thicker you would have to use a rubber band to hold it onto the gimbal. Now the cameras weight is 99 grams that ok but the camera may cause a balance problem which you will have to contend with. Remember these gimbals were designed for Hero 3's and above not the Hero 2.

There is the problem with the USB connector on the hero 2 and the ribbon USB cable on the gimbal will not matchup. Then because of it's depth size being .9 mm thicker you would have to use a rubber band to hold it onto the gimbal. Now the cameras weight is 99 grams that ok but the camera may cause a balance problem which you will have to contend with. Remember these gimbals were designed for Hero 3's and above not the Hero 2.
Thanx for your help. Could you explain this ribbon thing for me.
I intend to use the gopro 2's own battery power to power and film with the Sd card inside. If the usb ribbon is for FVP then i am not planning on using that until I get a better gopro. does that mae sense?
I am aware of the band to have to attach an the tweeking in settings given the extra weight if it puts out the gimbal a little.
do you think i can still get decent footage with this setup given zenmuse are the best in the biz?

Thanks for all this help, really appreciate it :)

I just tried to mount my Hero 2 on the H3-3D gimbal and it doesn't fit nor is the ribbon USB cable going to fit. Of course that isn't an problem if you do not intend to use FPV system but not being able to seat the camera is. Both cameras look the same width wise until I stood them back to back and the Hero 2 is wider enough that it will not fit on to the gimbals camera plate.

That ribbon supplies power to the camera and video from it to a FPV system.

I just tried to mount my Hero 2 on the H3-3D gimbal and it doesn't fit nor is the ribbon USB cable going to fit. Of course that isn't an problem if you do not intend to use FPV system but not being able to seat the camera is. Both cameras look the same width wise until I stood them back to back and the Hero 2 is wider enough that it will not fit on to the gimbals camera plate.

That ribbon supplies power to the camera and video from it to a FPV system.
Right ok. Thanks for actually trying it an seeing for me. Thanks for all the help. Would you be able to suggect a cheaper gimbal that is easy to install?

Right ok. Thanks for actually trying it an seeing for me. Thanks for all the help. Would you be able to suggect a cheaper gimbal that is easy to install?

Sorry not into aftermarket equipment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj