Phantom 2 software problems

Reaction score
I am new to this and I have down loaded the installer and assistant software and when I connect the Phantom 2 with the cable nothing happens also with the controller same thing. the cable works with everything else so I know that's not the problem. I have added the controller and is does work but the gimbal stays at a 45 degree angle and you need to hold id in any other position or it returns to that angle. My biggest thing is I am getting an unstable/ bias to large warning. So should I just get a new one or is there help for me or the quad.
Thanks in advance
Don

Okay I read other posts and I found the gimbal answer. now I still need to know about connecting to the computer and Bias stuff.

Please install the driver. You can download it at DJI's official website.

I installed all the software, drives and neither of my computers find the controller or the Phantom 2. I removed and reloaded it all again and still nothing. Any other thoughts??

Are you saying that your Phantom is now connected to the Assistant Software (v3.6) except for the controller? That's odd, they should both connect. Have you tried calibrating your controller? Which Phantom version do you have? Have you tried the RC Assistant Software? Mine is a v2.0 and when I connected my controller, it had a FW update.

This may seem obvious to some, but make sure the Phantom is turned on when you connect it to your computer via USB. The same goes for your RC transmitter. It should be turned on.

If you have the driver installed as well as the assistant software the computer should connect and everything should be visible in the assistant software. You said you've installed the software (driver AND assistant) for both the phantom and the RC on two computers with the same result. Now try another USB cable.

Honestly, it sounds like the problem is a missing driver for the Phantom and RC TX. For whatever reason DJI makes you download and install a handful of applications for each hardware component instead of packaging everything up into one application and installer. It can be overwhelming if you're not extremely tech savvy. It's not intuitive.

There is 2 micro USB ports.
One on the front of the phantom under the rubber tab. This is the one you want.
The other is at the rear. This is for camera.
Wrong hole - that's what she said..

And if you don't reply.. I assume you got it working :)

Sorry this took so long to reply back. Things are still not connecting to the computer but I plan to re-install all the software again this weekend and get another cable. I will be back and hope it all works. Thank you all for your input.
Don

Make sure the driver is installed
Reboot your computer
Run the assistant software
Make sure the quad is powered on.
Connect the USB cable from the computer to the port on the front of the quad
In the Assistant software there are two LEDS images at the bottom left of the program form. When the quad is connected these light up.

If they do not light up,
try plugging into a different USB port on your computer
try as different cable
try a different computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20