Phantom 2 significantly slower than P1

Reaction score
I just got myself a P2 after my P1 crashed into the sea and I've noticed that the P2 is rather sluggish and slow. The sticks need to be pushed much further to achieve the desired movement. Somehow the P1 seemed more nimble and far easier to achieve the shots I want.

Anyone else notice this difference?

Do you fly in Phantom or Naza mode? Have you tried adjusting/increasing the Attitude Gain?

I'd be curious to see what shots your taking that it isn't fast enough for. Does it require sea sickness tablets? BTW, put the thing in ATTI mode and it is pretty disgustingly fast.

I thought it was just me that thought this.
Yes, my P2 feels much slower in GPS mode than my P1 did. This is in Naza mode.

Maybe DJI have reduced the pitch and roll amount in GPS mode.

I mostly shoot some surfing and they are usually pretty fast. In ATTI mode the phantom looks really scary when I fly aggressively. Im afraid it might go upside down.

These are some of the shots I'm doing https://vimeo.com/82650233

Im just guessing its because of the added weight of the big battery while maintaining the same configuration motor etc. Might think about upgrading to anti-gravity's.

Nice work. It could just be getting used to the difference between the two. I agree the larger battery probably has an impact but I don't see anything in those shots that couldn't be done on a stock P2. You could try tweaking the gains. Might be easier than swapping motors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20