Phantom 2 Setting up Futaba T8FGS - Help

Reaction score
I am looking into purchasing a P2 as I currently own a P1 in which I use a Futaba T8FGS. What would be needed to setup and use this transmitter to use with a stock P2? Could I connect to the P2 in it's stock condition or would I need to purchase and install a Futaba receiver? Also, could I continue using the tx for both my P1 and P2?

Than you for any offered help and direction.

Bind to the stock receiver. The rest you can read here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8358
I am very new at this stuff and amazingly confused. I have a Phantom 2 and a new Futaba 8FG Super. I have tried and tried to get it to work, and still no luck. I went to where you said above, put the info on the SD card and put it into the Phantom 2. When I got to the following paragraph is where things went wrong. E only goes half way (not to 1000). Also, it says 'using assistant software, make sure SD and SA go to their corresponding modes'. Where on this assistant can you see this? Also, SF will not move to the failsafe blocks.
Any help would be appreciated, as I am getting extremely frustrated.
Rick

They should rest at or near 0 and go to 1,000 at the ends. Next are the flight mode switches: again using the assistant software, make sure SD and SA go to the corresponding modes (for SD: GPS, ATTI, manual/FS and for SA: OFF, course lock, and home lock). Make sure that SF moves the flight mode to one of the two middle failsafe blocks (doesn't have to be centered, just has to be in it) from any other mode. Finally, calbrate X1 (the gimbal) by putting SC in the middle position and moving RS only.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic