Phantom 2 randomly shuts down but battery remains on

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 has been shutting down randomly in mid flight and sometimes shortly after I turn on the motors to warm up. However, the battery lights just stay on. The led lights and the propellers shut down. Sometimes it will be just sitting there and I will be ready to take off and it will shut down (battery remains on) and then the led lights will start blinking again maybe 5 seconds later. But sometimes they just stay off. Here is a video of it happening. Keep in mind, the battery is full charge and remains on through out the whole shut down.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Not sure what the cause is but I suggest you don't fly it over people or structures until you get it sorted out. Still under warranty?

My Phantom 2 has been shutting down randomly in mid flight and sometimes shortly after I turn on the motors to warm up. However, the battery lights just stay on. The led lights and the propellers shut down. Sometimes it will be just sitting there and I will be ready to take off and it will shut down (battery remains on) and then the led lights will start blinking again maybe 5 seconds later. But sometimes they just stay off. Here is a video of it happening. Keep in mind, the battery is full charge and remains on through out the whole shut down.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

It's time to open the shell and look for a cold solder connection in the power supply. The battery will not shut itself off even when it lost power to the motors. There is a possibility that you may have an intermittent Naza module.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
What is an intermittent Naza module? Also, do you think it could be a loose connection?

What is an intermittent Naza module? Also, do you think it could be a loose connection?

Yes it could be either one. If you'd take the time open up the shell an look for cold (loose) solder connection on the battery B+ wires. If you cannot find a cold connection then item would be the Naza module which has a orange label with Phantom printed on it as in this photo. The Naza module controls all the motors
IMG_1550.jpg

Yes it could be either one. If you'd take the time open up the shell an look for cold (loose) solder connection on the battery B+ wires. If you cannot find a cold connection then item would be the Naza module which has a orange label with Phantom printed on it as in this photo. The Naza module controls all the motors
View attachment 68763
Thank you, I will check into it...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj