Phantom 2 radio in a Phantom 1?

Reaction score
I fried my Phantom 1 remote and then replaced it with a Futaba T8J. Then when the Phantom 2 came out, I upgraded to it and moved the Futaba to the P2. The P2 and the T8J work great, but the P2 radio didn't work in the P1.

I expected that swapping the P2 receiver into the same port on the P1 Naza would just work, but it didn't. Has anyone done this? If so, did you have to do any additional steps?

Thanks!

Does the p2 rx have a single wire (x2) or does it also go to x1? You may have to swap those around.

Also, since you had the futaba in the p1 before, I assume your rx type is already set in Assistant to d-bus and not traditional or ppm?

Which version p1 do you have? Does the rx have two antenna? If so you may be able to bind your tx to that. The p1 1.1.1 actually shares the same tx as the p2, iirc.

Lastly, if you haven't already, run the tx assistant and make sure the tx is upgraded and calibrated.

>> Also, since you had the futaba in the p1 before, I assume your rx type is already set in Assistant to d-bus and not traditional or ppm?

Ah....I think this might be it (I completely forgot about the rx type switch). I'll check this and try again.

Thanks ElGuano! :)

I finally got it working. It was weird. I had a hard time getting the DJI software assistant to show the UI for the original Phantom / Naza controls (with the P1 connected it still showed things like the P2 battery page). After repeated attempts to switch to Naza-M controls from the Phantom mode) it finally did switch and all I needed to do was complete a control stick calibration.

jzibble said:
I finally got it working. It was weird. I had a hard time getting the DJI software assistant to show the UI for the original Phantom / Naza controls (with the P1 connected it still showed things like the P2 battery page). After repeated attempts to switch to Naza-M controls from the Phantom mode) it finally did switch and all I needed to do was complete a control stick calibration.

There are actually separate versions of the Assistant software for the P2 ("Phantom Assistant") and for the P1 ("NAZA Assistant"), so that's why it was giving you that hassle when you connected it to a P1 ;) However, since you got it to work in the long run that's all that matters. Next time you need to connect your P1 just use that Assistant software instead (not the "NAZA-M" mode in the P2 Assistant) and it shouldn't give you that hassle.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31