Phantom 2 Question

Reaction score
Can the phantom 2 be flown in attitude mode? I am a phantom 1 and 2 owner and I noticed when I flip the swicth for attitude mode it is the same as with out it flipped. Still gps hold is on. I opened the software to see if I need to activate this feature and I can't see where to do it. Does the Phantom 2 not have this ability? If so that is sad. I liked that feature.

I fly my P2 in ATTI pretty frequently. Just have to activate it in the Assistant software. Once you do this it really zooms. One of these days I need to clock how fast shes moving.

Maxxborg said:
Can the phantom 2 be flown in attitude mode? I am a phantom 1 and 2 owner and I noticed when I flip the swicth for attitude mode it is the same as with out it flipped. Still gps hold is on. I opened the software to see if I need to activate this feature and I can't see where to do it. Does the Phantom 2 not have this ability? If so that is sad. I liked that feature.

I was confused by this as well. You need to switch to Naza-M mode to be able to fly in ATTI mode. This is also true of the IOC modes. When in Phantom 2 mode, S1 and S2 don't do anything (S1 can trigger failsafe if you have it configured that way).

I'm not sure what else changes when switching to Naza-M mode other than the light sequences. (See my other question.)

ianwood said:
Maxxborg said:

I was confused by this as well. You need to switch to Naza-M mode to be able to fly in ATTI mode. This is also true of the IOC modes. When in Phantom 2 mode, S1 and S2 don't do anything (S1 can trigger failsafe if you have it configured that way).

I'm not sure what else changes when switching to Naza-M mode other than the light sequences. (See my other question.)

Ok how is this done?

Maxxborg said:
Ok how is this done?

In the Phantom 2 Assistant, click the button at the top that says "Phantom 2" on it. You'll get a rather wordy warning not to do this unless you are Tom Cruise in Top Gun (not sure yet if the warning is to be heeded or not). Accept the warning (at your own peril) and you will now be in Naza-M mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl