Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 question

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by jd62, Sep 29, 2015.

1. jd62

Hello i'm newbie in the drone world, but i want to learn.. I plan to buy a dji phantom 2 really soon, and i would like to have some review on this machine good side, bad side ???, i'm 19 and i never drive a drone, is this a good idea to go with the phantom 2, i plan to use it with my gopro...

2. jason

If you're planing on buying P2 just make sure to get one with the gimbal included in the package.

3. jd62

Thanks for the reply jason,, i know that i save few bucks if i buy the gimbal with the drone. My problem,, my gopro is an older hero 2, and i want to buy the hero 5 (release around january 2016) can i buy the gimbal separately ????

4. 750r

Yes you can get the gimbal later he was just trying to save you some money by buying the package deal that's all.
    Welcome to the forum .

5. kenjancef

6. jason

The price for just the phantom 2 $469.00 with the gimbal it's $757.95 and for the gimbal only $299.00.
    These prices are from www.bhphotovideo.com.

Fo course the GoPro 2 will not work with any of the zenmuse gimbals. I wouldn't hold my breath about DJI making a gimbal for a hero 5 and by the way you can buy hero 4 black's on ebay for $399.00 or less but those prices do not include all the equipment just the camera and battery in most cases.

7. jd62

Thanks for all the info guy i really apreciate it...if i talk about the drone itself is it a good quality for price ????