Phantom 2 Problem

Reaction score
I recently purchased a DJI Phantom 2, I charged the battery and installed it in the drone. When I powered the battery it started beeping and the front less blink red. The light on the controller is red. I tried to pair the controller to the phantom, but nothing happened. Then I tried to use the software on the computer, but the computer did not recognize it (Windows and Mac).

Upload video of light sequences so someone can assist and analyze the problem. Not enough info to give accurate diagnosis.

It's acting like most of the FC (Flight Controller) is unplugged.

Not sure if its my phone using tappatalk, but the video link is dead.

Your mentioned software issue - confirm you downloaded and installed the driver.exe for your windows computer prior to installing phantom assistant and plugging in the USB cable to the P2?

Yes, I installed the driver before installing the assistant software. I had the USB plugged into the phantom 2.

It powers up, but immediately starts single beeps and Red flashes from front arms, sign of having the 1kHz signal from the Central board which controls the LEDs, but no 400Hz signal from the FC (Flight Controller) to the ESCs (Electronic Speed Controllers, motor controllers) which is the M1~M4 connector.

Then it does the normal ROG flashes but no sounds, again no 400Hz from FC so no start up tune.

Then no rear flashes at all after that for Controller/GPS indication, sign of EXP connector possibly being unplugged.

It's acting like something is unplugged or very wrong with he FC in it.

Good information. I took the top cover off and I did not see anything unplugged or loose. Is it possible something could be plugged in the wrong place, but I don't know how everything is suppose to be connected.

Could be. Get a decent pic and we'll have a look. There are also loads of pics of the guts of these things all over the net that you can make out what all goes where.

If it was bought new I'd take it back.

If it was bought from a trusted person I'd find out what they did to it.

If you're stuck with it I'd have to start with unplugging everything and plugging it back up to reseat the connectors, then test again. If it's still doing the same thing, that FC seems like it's gone belly up from what all I know and have tested with the Phantom 2 so far.

Something is not plugged in right. Are the cables from your ESC boards connected to the main board? That is a motor not connected error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl