Phantom 2, possible to adjust tx stick sensitivity?

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I currently have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D. I'm hoping there is a way of adjusting the transmitter stick sensitivity? I find that the Phantom responds to violently to the stick movements, for me anyway. Is there a way to reduce how fast the phantom turns?...I.e when it's hovering, turn the phantom a full 360 deg. using just the left stick.
Would I need to change the gain settings to achieve this?

Thanks for any help.
Paul

You need to physically modify your TX to do this. TBH, it is better to learn to fly a little more gently.

A lanyard to hold your TX will help, as you can then use just fingertips on the sticks. This makes things much more precise. Some go the whole hog and fit a tray, so you can "hold" your TX hands free, but for me, this is taking things too far :)

I find you need to use a little more stick to get things moving, but you can then reduce the input a little to keep the rotation going.

gsxr1paul said:
Hi all,

So I currently have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D. I'm hoping there is a way of adjusting the transmitter stick sensitivity? I find that the Phantom responds to violently to the stick movements, for me anyway. Is there a way to reduce how fast the phantom turns?...I.e when it's hovering, turn the phantom a full 360 deg. using just the left stick.

Thanks for any help.
Paul
Yes, you can adjust the TX "Basic Gain" with the Phantom Assistant Software. Experiment with some lower numbers and see if that helps. Also, practice practice practice.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 1.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 1.33.55 PM.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 576
gsxr1paul said:
Hi all,

Thanks for any help.
Paul

While the 'Attitude Gains' do affect stick responses, Yaw is not one of them.

You CAN adjust the physical stick length and spring tension which may help.
Otherwise you'd need to replace the control system to gain programmable responses and other 'tweaks' not possible with the OEM equipment.

Ok, so tweaking the basic gains will not change the speed at which the phantom can do a full 360 deg. turn?
Thank you for your responses!
Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31