Phantom 2, Please, I need an educated look at this...

Reaction score
I have the original Phantom and now a Phantom 2. I posted a picture showing the firmware upgrades I have done to the Phantom2. I need someone smarter than me to tell me I have everything I need. Please look and let me know, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 736
RCWatchman said:
I need someone smarter than me to tell me I have everything I need.

really? it clearly says latest version and no updates on the screen. I'm concerned at how not smart you are. I have a feeling you didn't bother reading the manual, did you?

Ksc said:
RCWatchman said:

really? it clearly says latest version and no updates on the screen. I'm concerned at how not smart you are. I have a feeling you didn't bother reading the manual, did you?

That was entirely uncalled for. We were all newbies at some point. I think you owe RCW an apology.

ElGuano said:
Ksc said:
RCWatchman said:

That was entirely uncalled for. We were all newbies at some point. I think you owe RCW an apology.

KSC asked a legitimite question. I agree that was asinine and uncalled for. Maybe there's a manual you need to read. This forum is here so we can help one another, not bully or be jerks to those looking for answers. Here you go KSC. If the two versions are the same, you're good to go. If not, just click on the blue links to upgrade. The links are active whether you already have that version or not. I hope this helps. Anything else I can help with, just let me know.
i4zl.jpg

really? it clearly says latest version and no updates on the screen. I'm concerned at how not smart you are. I have a feeling you didn't bother reading the manual, did you?[/quote]

That was entirely uncalled for. We were all newbies at some point. I think you owe RCW an apology.[/quote]

KSC asked a legitimite question. I agree that was asinine and uncalled for. Maybe there's a manual you need to read. This forum is here so we can help one another, not bully or be jerks to those looking for answers. Here you go KSC. If the two versions are the same, you're good to go. If not, just click on the blue links to upgrade. The links are active whether you already have that version or not. I hope this helps. Anything else I can help with, just let me know.
i4zl.jpg
[/quote]

Sure, why not, BUT .... i can read small letters ... I think, its not nice from you using bif a$$ text. Im sure, we all can read standard size...

What a fire storm, from so little!!!

I was fairly sure I had things right but I had read about several that had what they called a flyaway. It was just a precaution that I posted my upgrades incase there was something I missed that, (sorry now I said smarter than me, should have said more experienced than me) they would see that I did not.

To those that helped I thank you. To those that did not, well, I now understand so much more than I did about many things. Fly safe all of you, RCW, I’m out of here!!!

you still never answered the question. did you read the manual? if not, we will see you again soon with a flyaway story.

You also need to check the firmware on your remote control. Plug it into the computer with USB and use RC assistant software to check and make sure you have the latest firmware for your remote. You can potentially get a communication problem btwn the phantom 2 and your remote control if they are not both using the latest firmware. You get the RC assistant software from the DJI website just like you did for the software you show the pic for.

Ksc said:
RCWatchman said:

What an unforgivable assault, made even worse by the fact that the target is a newbie.
Any properly moderated forum would have kicked that outrageous post into the long grass.

RCWatchman- all credit for your retort. But I fear it may have been too cryptic for some :roll:

One last time, if you please...

This was for Ksc

I did read the manual and I want you to know I was a little confused as to what the readings meant. All I did was post what I thought was a benign need for conformation to a readout I was a little unsure of. I did not know I would have to prove my mental prowess to someone of your nature.

I am a Certified Rolex Watchmaker including a degree from AWI, American Watchmakers Institute. I have more skill in my hands than most and a background in electronics to top it off. I joined this forum to have some enjoyment in life, but that does not seem to be possible if I feel I must justify everything I do or say with such caution for those that lay in wait. If you felt I was wasting your time to the point of insult, why did you even reply? You will be pleased to know this will be my last post here. I truly wish you well. I for one do not need helpful punishment in my life of this kind.

Still I say thank you to those that took the time to let me know in a kind way, that every thing they saw in my original post, was up to snuff.

May all your flights be safe.

Very welcoming, ksc! Nice to feel free to post a question on this "help" forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksc said:
RCWatchman said:

mine has said Latest Version when there was indeed a newer version out many times with different programs and apps. I dont just blindly trust my computer

KSC.....I'm officially booting you off this board, for striking fear into this helpless Noob
I think you should go back to rubber band flying machines.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost