Phantom 2 pitches when just going vertical

Reaction score
Symptom: with just a push on the vertical stick, the phantom pitches up the back left and down on the front right. I end up rotating a bit as well.

Things I've looked into:
Swapped props
Balanced props
Opened up the case to look for weirdness, like cracks, nope seems clear there from my novice eyes.
My only odd thing is the motor on the front right just seems a little less stiff and when throttling down the craft seems to come to a stop last by a second or 2.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Mine does the same thing! 2 months old. Poor flight, twitching, and loss of power on take off. I'm reading lots of posts about this problem. I even dropped 185 bucks on new anti gravity motors thinking it was bad motors. NOT.
Dji better get their s..ht together or everybody is goin to walk!! I know I am as soon as it comes back from dji service!!,

Thanks Justgregg for the info. If you are getting oscillation, where it teeters back and forth ( over correcting loop) You might try turning down your Atti Gains 10% at a time. When I switched to Carbon props the stiffness of the props tended to do that if I did any quick maneuvers. But my last flight I got into that oscillation just because of this lame pitch forward when just going up, it fell from about 30 feet. I might need to dial the gains back a bit more.

Last night I flipped my Front right and back left motors, and hope to do a test flight today and see if that reverses the pitch effect. Im thinking that that might help me pin it down to a possible motor issue.

been quite the mystery.

Same problems -- twitches, pitches, rolls and crashes galore. Solved 90% by switching to DJI 8045 P1 Airplane-style props.

Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8820&p=95189&hilit=authentic+replacement#p95189

Be sure you aren't using the OXOX-X counterfeit P2 props. Even if you aren't, give the P1 props a try.

Also, in the P2 Assistant, reset the gains to approximately the P1 defaults. (I use 100/100/100/100/150/150).

Changing my props and resetting the gains put an end to months of fruitless experimentation and my P2 is now flying buttery smooth -- even in winds over 15mph.

Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4