Phantom 2 out of control

Reaction score
I have been operating the new Phantom 2 OK until yesterday when I began to raise it and it flew to the right on its own. I could not control it and it did hit some tree branches. I tended to blame the wind ?
Today I set it up again and it did the same thing by going right. This time I landed it, a little rough, but with no damage. I calibrated the compass again and on second attempt all seemed good again. I am blaming my poor compass calibration. How do you check if calibration has been correctly achieved?
Thanks

I have been operating the new Phantom 2 OK until yesterday when I began to raise it and it flew to the right on its own. I could not control it and it did hit some tree branches. I tended to blame the wind ?
Today I set it up again and it did the same thing by going right. This time I landed it, a little rough, but with no damage. I calibrated the compass again and on second attempt all seemed good again. I am blaming my poor compass calibration. How do you check if calibration has been correctly achieved?
Thanks

You should move this post to the Phantom 2 boards.... but did you also calibrate your sticks? it's possible your sending a bit of a signal to the right even if your sticks are centered.... the behavior could also be caused by a bad calibration but it's been so long since I messed with a Phantom 2 I could only guess (aside to suggest and IMU calibration, a new compass calibration (make sure you don't have a watch or cell phone one you at the time) and a stick calibration in the rc assistant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers