Phantom 2 now at the bottom of Convict Lake, Ca

Ahh come on you gotta live a little :)

Thanks for all the comments. I looked into the Getterback which is probably a good thing to have on the landing gear going forward. The only issue is the amount of time it takes for the Getterback to launch the rescue buoy. I think the video mentions 6 or 8 minutes underwater. It would be great if one of you entrepreneurial (sp) engineers would develop a quick recovery float, like the ones worn by competitive sailors. As soon as the device hits the water, the life jacket inflates. Couldn't we have something like this on a drone? If there's a crash or auto-land in the water, a life jacket for drones (LJD sounds good), fires and keeps the thing out of the water (I know, I know, it would have to hit the water first before the floaty would inflate). I'd work on it but I'm just a dumb surfer from Encinitas :)

Sounds interesting! Wonder how much it weighs though... looked around their site and the tech details are "coming soon".
We all know how important weight is for our quads, so this is a rather important spec.

TeamYankee - thanks for the note on the water buoy. It looks like a cool option but trying to find it for sale was tough. I checked all the UK links they claim supply it to no avail. I looked at the U.S. distributor they list and that site seems like a wreck, so I contacted the company direct and will let this thread know what I hear. Like the product if it were more readily available. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj