Phantom 2 not working

Reaction score
Hi, My friend has asked me to look at his Phantom 2 as he cannot get it to fly, so this is what I have done so far, charged batteries, replaced batteries in RC, turned on the phantom, lights flash orange and red, lots of beeping that does not stop sometimes the orange ones go green but still flashing, then turn on RC the light is red, I tried to reconnect the RC to the phantom by pressing reset or connect button underneath the drone, this flashed red but not green as I am lead to believe it should, I then updated the firmware and this seemed to work fine, same flashing lights no change, I then tried to use the DJI RC assistant 1.2 to calibrate the RC, but this did not work, so I looked at the DJI Phantom assistant 3.6 and 3.8, I could calibrate the RC in this software and that seemed to work fine, I did try to install the DJi windows driver installer but that keeps failing, can anybody offer any glimmer of hope for this poorly drone and its owner

The first thing that strikes me is that you're able to calibrate the RC through the vision assistant software which would suggest that the drivers are working fine as windows is communicating through the drone via USB, if you are able to calibrate the RC through that it would also suggest that your RC has been successfully paired with the drone. From memory, the pairing button isn't red/green, it has a flashing state or solid state red led depending on the status of the pairing (flashing=not, solid=paired...I think!)

As for the beeping, try referring to the LED flight indicator sheet (attached), that should give you an idea what is causing the problem.

Best of luck.
J

af51ddcf4001fc8ef7231e66c727ee91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Ted,
First,
When you hook Tx to RC ASSISTANT, are you hoking it via mini USB cable? ( or just turning Tx on? )
On early Tx models, the USB port is hidden INSIDE Tx. You must remove four screws on rear of Tx, separate halves, to reveal the hidden USB.

Calibrating Tx through RC ASSISTANT, will calibrate Tx only.

Then you must hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT, and calibrate Tx there again ( this will calibrate Tx to the bird ) so they work as a team.

To link Tx to bird, simply turn bird on ONLY, PRESS AND HOLD RED BUTTON ( link button on belly of bird ) until it turns Yellow, then turn on Tx, it will link automatically.

But typically when there is an issue, I follow these guidelines:

1) calibrate Tx in RC ASSISTANT
2) calibrate Tx through PC ASSISTANT
3) advanced IMU calibration
4) fresh compass calibration

This should bring the bird back to factory specs, and should fly like a dream. Ansl when you are in PC ASSISTANT, see if he is in PHANTOM, or NAZA MODE, the different modes will give you different light sequences. This can get confusing if you are expecting one thing, but getting something else!

Keep us updated!
Hope this helps

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: JackoMyers
The first thing that strikes me is that you're able to calibrate the RC through the vision assistant software which would suggest that the drivers are working fine as windows is communicating through the drone via USB, if you are able to calibrate the RC through that it would also suggest that your RC has been successfully paired with the drone. From memory, the pairing button isn't red/green, it has a flashing state or solid state red led depending on the status of the pairing (flashing=not, solid=paired...I think!)

As for the beeping, try referring to the LED flight indicator sheet (attached), that should give you an idea what is causing the problem.

Best of luck.
J

af51ddcf4001fc8ef7231e66c727ee91.jpg

Hi, thanks for the reply, the light sequences the Phantom is omitting are: front to 3 red and 1 green, the rear two are one red, but beeping all the time,, i have found the user manual and downloaded it but I have a black laser printer, so no colours in the diagrams, also, yes the pairing light is on red until I turn on the RC then it goes off, thank you Ted

Hi, thanks for the reply, the light sequences the Phantom is omitting are: front to 3 red and 1 green, the rear two are one red, but beeping all the time,, i have found the user manual and downloaded it but I have a black laser printer, so no colours in the diagrams, also, yes the pairing light is on red until I turn on the RC then it goes off, thank you Ted

The beeping sounds like the normal 'boot sequence' as far as I can tell.

This may sound like a daft question, but how are you initiating the flight mode? To initiate the flight you need to move the sticks on the TX into CSC, left stick to bottom right and right stick to bottom left.

Hello Ted,
First,
When you hook Tx to RC ASSISTANT, are you hoking it via mini USB cable? ( or just turning Tx on? )
On early Tx models, the USB port is hidden INSIDE Tx. You must remove four screws on rear of Tx, separate halves, to reveal the hidden USB.

Calibrating Tx through RC ASSISTANT, will calibrate Tx only.

Then you must hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT, and calibrate Tx there again ( this will calibrate Tx to the bird ) so they work as a team.

To link Tx to bird, simply turn bird on ONLY, PRESS AND HOLD RED BUTTON ( link button on belly of bird ) until it turns Yellow, then turn on Tx, it will link automatically.

But typically when there is an issue, I follow these guidelines:

1) calibrate Tx in RC ASSISTANT
2) calibrate Tx through PC ASSISTANT
3) advanced IMU calibration
4) fresh compass calibration

This should bring the bird back to factory specs, and should fly like a dream. Ansl when you are in PC ASSISTANT, see if he is in PHANTOM, or NAZA MODE, the different modes will give you different light sequences. This can get confusing if you are expecting one thing, but getting something else!

Keep us updated!
Hope this helps

J Dot
:cool:
Hi, via USB, direct to PC, cannot hook up to RC assist, but can hook up to PC assist, have updated firmware, have done advanced IMU calibration and compass calibration, but still not going in to flight mode or if it is its not responding to the RC, sometimes when i boot the Phantom I get red and green flashing lights, then other times I get orange, thank you for all the help. Ted

The beeping sounds like the normal 'boot sequence' as far as I can tell.

This may sound like a daft question, but how are you initiating the flight mode? To initiate the flight you need to move the sticks on the TX into CSC, left stick to bottom right and right stick to bottom left.

Hi, yes done what you say, but no joy. Ted

If you can't install the drivers, is the PC on Windows 10, there are issues with the drivers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi, thank you all for the help offered, I have found the problem, 2 broken cables, replaced and now have a happy brother-in-law, thanks again, a great forum, and I am now going out to buy one for myself. Ted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers