Phantom 2 not steady in GPS mode

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 recently I noticed while in GPS mode does not hold steady. It moves in approximate 4ft clockwise circles. I originally flew with prop guards but not anymore and since noticed this behaviour. Any idea what could be causing this ? I have tried compass calibration and advanced imu calibration already but it still persists.

My Phantom 2 recently I noticed while in GPS mode does not hold steady. It moves in approximate 4ft clockwise circles. I originally flew with prop guards but not anymore and since noticed this behaviour. Any idea what could be causing this ? I have tried compass calibration and advanced imu calibration already but it still persists.

When you do an advanced IMU cal it should be done on a completely level surface.

Depending on the wind conditions and where you are flying you may see it drift and at other times no drift whatsoever. I test mine in the backyard after making modifications or to drain down a battery. Due to structures. fences and trees wind conditions can consist downdrafts, updrafts and winds coming from all directions due to structures will cause unstable flight conditions while in GPS mode. While in an open field you may experience some drifting depending on wind conditions at the time and on a calm day it should hover almost perfectly still.

Last edited:
Four ft is within GPS specs but it sounds like your IMU is not responding to wind drift. Do what Jason suggests first.

Agree, double check that IMU and the more perfectly level the better the hover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31