phantom 2 needs special zenmuse?!

Ksc

Reaction score
According to helical the Phantom 2 requires a special zenmuse. Others are reporting that the only difference is the mounting bracket. We shall see if they will sell a new mounting bracket for existing zenmuse users.

Attachments

• dji-phantom-2-big005.jpg
    dji-phantom-2-big005.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,297
Nah, I don't think so.
I expect they are just going to sell an H3-2D without the GCU which you won't need. The actual gimbal will be the same.

Yes! You are right ... the H3-2D gimbal for Phamtom 2 does not include any GCU.

Attachments

• H3-2D 954.jpg
    H3-2D 954.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,220
  • H3-2D 955.jpg
    H3-2D 955.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,241
original mount. holes do not line up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 9.26.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 9.26.15 AM.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,190
thanks for that. how can you control the gimbal with the stock remote? wonder how hard it is to replace rx and put in futaba.

the only thing you can control is the tilt (make it level or straight down or in between). The newest phantom 1s and the 2 comes with a lever on the back side of the remote that controls tilt. according to post 52 ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 202&page=4 ) if you want to upgrade to a futaba in the 2, you only need the futaba and you don't even need to open the body.

I was wrong and right at the same time. It is a different mount on the new phantom 2 but you CAN use your existing zenmuse. You'll bolt it in with 3 screws instead of 4. Two in the back and one down the middle. The mount will be available in the future but not needed currently. You can save the money although if you have a full zenmuse/gcu package, now might be the best time to sell it before you're priced out.

Hello guys, I haven't been in the forum for a while and i am kind off out of the loop, may i ask what are you guy's discussing, what special zenmuse?, gcu?, thanks

Sana

Zenmuse = the camera gimbal sold by DJI.
GCU = gimbal control unit. A device that's integrated into the Phantom 2, but was needed for a Phantom 1, unless you got the upgrade board, which includes it.

I am new to the forum, I am from Mexico, in the near future and will travel to Kissimmee Orlando and want to know if there is a store in the city where I can buy a DRON, Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20