Phantom 2 motors not starting up

Reaction score
Hello,
Received my Phantom 2 yesterday.

After unboxing, installing, charging etc. it just sits idle, it won't start up: regardless which csc i use...

Done all the reading, tried all the settings, had a Phantom original before, but this i don't know.

2 things I noticed:
* When plugging in the pc a message pops up: 'Not a DJI intelligent battery'
- My second battery displays the same message... The batteries came with the Phantom: seems DJI to me.

* When trying to callibrate i get a message 'the mc is too hot, try shutting it off for 5 minutes and retry... '
- Doesn't work....

All is updated, tried everything i know, contacted the dealer, searched the forum.

Anyone a clue?

Make sure you have calibrated your controller in the RC assistant. While you are in the RC assistant make sure its set to Mode 2. Once done then calibrate it again in the Phantom assistant. Also make sure in the Phantom assistant on the Basic > RC page that no channels have been reversed. They should all read Normal.

Gildo said:
2 things I noticed:
* When plugging in the pc a message pops up: 'Not a DJI intelligent battery'
- My second battery displays the same message... The batteries came with the Phantom: seems DJI to me.

* When trying to callibrate i get a message 'the mc is too hot, try shutting it off for 5 minutes and retry... '
Are the sides of the battery yellow or silver?

Was it ordered from DJI direct or an official dealer?

The warning about being to hot is just there, it still says 'too hot' in freezing cold Ireland too - just ignore it.

It wont start until all its pre flight checks are complete and passed. Whats the LEDs doing?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

The sides of the battery are silver.

Bought it from an official dealer here in Holland.

Will ignore the warning, but this morning was the first time i could do an advanced callibration.

The leds are green blinking.

Blinking green is good!

So pulling back both sticks fully and towards centre does not start the motors?

Gildo said:
Tried method from xgeek: Error code 29.

Now all i get is a solid red light: 'Error'

At what step did you see the error?

Did you calibrate the controller ok in RC assistant?
Did you calibrate controller again ok in the Phantom assistant?

Error 29 points to the controller not being calibrated like I suggested.

Attachments

• error%2029.jpg
    error%2029.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 448
As @xgeek says it looks like calibration to me. Follow his instructions and the calibration instructions in both software and report back. Make sure windows drivers are installed. If in doubt download and install from scratch including reloading all the firmware for P2 and the RC and start from a level playing field. I have found occasionally I have to repeat firmware downloads/install.

I know I'm risking offence but just covering everything...the P2 and RC must be on and lights on status bar in both software flashing showing communication is happening.

And when you use the RC assistant to calibrate the controller the USB needs to be plugged into the controller with it on (the Phantom can stay off for this step).

Once thats done and you use the phantom assistant to calibrate the controller again the USB needs to be plugged into the Phantom and both controller and Phantom needs to be on.

Gildo said:
Seems i got the procedure not quite right: Thanks for the xtra info!

What do i do with the message: 'Not DJI intelligent battery?'

Try cleaning battery terminals w/alcohol.

Do not fly with that battery error.

do you only have one battery?

check the connection form the battery connector in the battery bay to the main board of the P2.
it it the smaller brown and red wire.
It may have come loose. reseat the connector , also check to see that the socket on the main pcb is soldered down properly.

if all else checks out then you might have a problem with the battery.
it does seat all the way into the P2?

I sometimes get that message the first couple of seconds after I switch on my Phantom when connected to the assistant, but disappears when.

Is the message you see there constantly?

Yep I also get that. Only sometimes and only when I turn on the Phantom while the assistant is already open. If I start the Phantom and then open the assistant I never see it.

You have always got to be careful with any battery warnings so I am hesitant to say don't worry about it :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj