Phantom 2 motors not spinning fast enough for lift off

Reaction score
Hi,

My Phantom 2 has been repiared after taking a swim in fresh water. Everything works fine (software reset and updated along with good bind, and calibration) ... the only problem is the motors do not spin up to a high enough RPM to lift the Phantom 2. All connections have been triple checked.

I suppose the ESC's could be bad, but I am having a hard time geting my head around all 4 ESC's having the exact same issue, given they don't seem to be blown, overheating, etc.

Any ideas, advice, or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Banshee

Gain(s) have no effect with lift, thrust, max. motor speed, etc. so don't bother there.

Tx calibration could if the max. or full stick motion or input is not recognized.

PS... you can learn more about what 'gain' settings do here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M ... ot_Setting

Thanks guys. I appreciate your quick replies and suggestions. I'll recheck the transmitter calibration.

Update - Back in the air!- I went back in and checked the transmitter cal. All was good with both sticks values reflecting accurately as well as max value with max stick deflection.
Finding nothing out of sorts on the cal, software version, wiring, etc, I decided to reseat the 4 ESC main board to ESC signal connectors. Did not find any issues with the connectors.
Decided to tack the cove back on with the 4 outer most screws, attaced the props and did a thrust check.
i'll be damned if the Phantom 2 didn't lift off!! I shut it down, put the rest of the cover screws back it and went out to the garage for a more indepth test Sure enough after a good GPS lock, compass cal I could fly the machine around the garage at a height of 1 to 6 feet. Even had my FPV and GoPro successfully running during the test. Not sure what fixed it it, didn't change the cal, perhaps it was the ESC connections, or something else I did previously during the double checking of the NAZA connection. Either way I'll take it! Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4