Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 motor replacement

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by chaddyle, May 23, 2014.

1. chaddyle

Does anyone know if all 4 of the motors are soldered on the P2 the same way? I did it Black, Red, Yellow (Black being closest to the prop and yellow being closest to the main board). After I put everything back together, I took it for a test flight. Powered everything on, props all started spinning, but when I throttled up, one of the props would fly off. I looked at two of the motors (black prop tips) and they seem to be spinning the wrong way. Could I have reversed two of the wires on those motors? I can't seem to find anything online about that. I could be the first idiot to do it.

Thanks!

Chad Dyle

2. Diesel31

Here are a couple pictures of my Phantom with the top shell off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Two of them need to be black, yellow, red. Use the picture above to figure out which ones.

4. chaddyle

That is exactly what I did wrong. I looked at one of them and wired them all the same way. I switched two of them around and now the Phantom will lift properly. The problem I am having now is that I am getting drift. I tried it last night and this morning. I recalibrated a few things with the software (the compass as well) and it didn't seem to help very much. I am debating on sending it to UAV Direct and having them look at it and tell me what is wrong. I have 2 full-time jobs and 3 little ones under six over here. I was just looking for a hobby and it has sucked a good chunk of my time ;). I have learned that before I jump into another hobby, start on the forums first and learn some mistakes that others have made so that I don't do the same thing. Thanks again for the help!