Phantom 2 motor replacement

Reaction score
Does anyone know if all 4 of the motors are soldered on the P2 the same way? I did it Black, Red, Yellow (Black being closest to the prop and yellow being closest to the main board). After I put everything back together, I took it for a test flight. Powered everything on, props all started spinning, but when I throttled up, one of the props would fly off. I looked at two of the motors (black prop tips) and they seem to be spinning the wrong way. Could I have reversed two of the wires on those motors? I can't seem to find anything online about that. I could be the first idiot to do it.

Thanks!

Chad Dyle

Two of them need to be black, yellow, red. Use the picture above to figure out which ones.

That is exactly what I did wrong. I looked at one of them and wired them all the same way. I switched two of them around and now the Phantom will lift properly. The problem I am having now is that I am getting drift. I tried it last night and this morning. I recalibrated a few things with the software (the compass as well) and it didn't seem to help very much. I am debating on sending it to UAV Direct and having them look at it and tell me what is wrong. I have 2 full-time jobs and 3 little ones under six over here. I was just looking for a hobby and it has sucked a good chunk of my time ;). I have learned that before I jump into another hobby, start on the forums first and learn some mistakes that others have made so that I don't do the same thing. Thanks again for the help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20