Phantom 2 Mode vs NAZAM Mode

Reaction score
I just got a phantom 2 and I see that in the assistant software you have the option of selecting Phantom 2 or NazaM mode.

I guess the NazaM mode will let the controller and Phantom 2 act like a phantom 1.

But what does Phantom2 mode do?

I see NormalFLY... is that GPS MODE?

I've got a PV but I'm guessing the software will be fairly similar. The phantom 2 mode is just the normal mode (up/down/ yaw / left/right forwards/backwards)
The Naza mode enables return to home on command, heading lock and home lock which you probably already know about.

Should the PV2 be switched to naza/m mode for the return to home feature to function?

I thought that worked in either mode.

Whats all the differences in normal P2 mode and naza/m mode?

Is it best to switch to naza/m?

The manual does not elaborate only saying it is for experienced user or guided by a professional.

Seems if it gives more control it would be safer to fly.

Could anyone elaborate on this please..??

Thank you

Skipholiday said:
Should the PV2 be switched to naza/m mode for the return to home feature to function?

The RTH mode will work if lost signal etc as failsafe .... but in NAZA you can set it as an option along side, GPS MODE, ATTI, MANUAL MODE switching ...

If new (as I am) MANUAL mode is not something your really going to use straight off, so most reset toggle instead with GPS Mode->>ATTI Mode->>ATTI mode or set switching options to .... GPS Mode->>ATTI Mode->>FAILSAFE mode

Is personal preference really to flying style, experience and/or paranoia when things go wrong :)

So in reality there is no difference except when s1 is switched? I think I'm confused ::-/ thanks for the help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Skipholiday said:
So in reality there is no difference except when s1 is switched? I think I'm confused ::-/ thanks for the help

If you want to enable the different modes on S1 and S2, you need to change from Phantom to NazaM in the assistant software. It will beg and plead for you not to do this. It will warn you of impending doom, but the only differences I have noted are that the blinking light sequences are different (they are same as P1) and you get the modes on S1 and S2 which in Phantom mode do pretty much SFA. In NazaM, they do a LOT!

DJI really needs to make this much more clear in their documentation.

Also, now that you've enabled the switches, you need to pay close attention to them! Twice, I went into manual mode inadvertently (S1 pos 3 for me is manual and not failsafe.) Nearly pooped my pants. Was convinced I had experienced the dreaded fly away which fortunately ended only meters away. When I looked down and saw S1 all the way down, I started cursing... at myself. Thankfully, the only thing hurt was my ego. So maybe that's what the "Don't do it!" warnings in the software are all about.

Hi

Please excuse my ignorance, but if I do not set NAZA m mode and I end up in poo I can turn off my remote and qaud will return home?

Plus I am unable to get into the NAZA mode as I have apple mac etc and no software for this

Unless someone knows of a link?

Cheers

Suggy

Suggy said:
Hi

Please excuse my ignorance, but if I do not set NAZA m mode and I end up in poo I can turn off my remote and qaud will return home?

Plus I am unable to get into the NAZA mode as I have apple mac etc and no software for this

Unless someone knows of a link?

Cheers

Suggy

The RTH feature that's triggered when you turn off the controller (or otherwise lose signal) will work without you having to enable anything in the software.

However, it's a good idea to get familiar with at least the Phantom Assistant, even if you don't need the more in-depth features/settings in the NAZA-M mode. The Mac version can be found about 2/3 of the way down this page: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

my Futaba came programed in Phantom 2 mode. I just switched to NAZA M today am am going to test tomorrow when its not windy.
Basically the only difference between the 2 modes on my controller is activation. in phantom 2 IOC is not activated, in NAZA M i can now trigger Course and Home Lock...
Pretty simple. :shock:

Kelso Kubat said:
my Futaba came programed in Phantom 2 mode. I just switched to NAZA M today am am going to test tomorrow when its not windy.
Basically the only difference between the 2 modes on my controller is activation. in phantom 2 IOC is not activated, in NAZA M i can now trigger Course and Home Lock...
Pretty simple. :shock:

And Atti mode as well

Phantom2 vs NazaM modes are not configured on the controller. The mode is set on the Phantom through the Phantom Assistant. Your controller is sending the same signals in either case. Switching between Phantom2 and NazaM modes simply changes how the Phantom reacts to them.

now that you've enabled the switches, you need to pay close attention to them! Twice, I went into manual mode inadvertently (S1 pos 3 for me is manual and not failsafe.) Nearly pooped my pants.

First thing i did was switch my s1- pos 3 from manual to a second ATTI mode. might use it as a second failsafe later :shock:

Maybe I'm mistaken but the Naza/m mode will also allow two additional features, the Home lock and Course Lock feature. Home lock, not to be confused with RTH will force the Phantom to fly directly back to it's home point when the left stick is held down. This is good for when you're flying LOS and have lost orientation of the Phantom. Course lock will maintain the Phantom flying in a straight line. For example, you want to fly parallel to a vehicle while it is moving.

derrickduff said:
Maybe I'm mistaken but the Naza/m mode will also allow two additional features, the Home lock and Course Lock feature. Home lock, not to be confused with RTH will force the Phantom to fly directly back to it's home point when the left stick is held down. This is good for when you're flying LOS and have lost orientation of the Phantom. Course lock will maintain the Phantom flying in a straight line. For example, you want to fly parallel to a vehicle while it is moving.

Pretty much, except it's right stick... pull all the way down on the left and it won't come home in any sort of good way! :)

Home Lock and Course Lock are pretty much as you described (video in my sig on "What is IOC" gives an explanation of the two modes and how they differ) - although remember that Home Lock needs both a home point stored and sufficient satellite reception when you activaet. If you fly into a sat deadspot and flip into Home Lock to come back because you've lost visual then it's not happening...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl