Phantom 2 max payload?

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was doing some research and apparently the max weight in a Phantom 1 is 1300g - what is the max payload in a Phantom 2? is it 1300g too? By max payload I mean safe payload, not crazy DSLR lifts like some you can see on Youtube lol :lol:

I appreciate very much your input. :mrgreen:

Thx!

UrAwFuL said:
Mines weigh nearly 1500g and flies fine.

wow, what is it carrying? and how many minutes are u getting?

Mine is 1367g: P2 + H33D + Gopro 3plusBlack + Lightbridge + 4 props

imprimatur said:
UrAwFuL said:

wow, what is it carrying? and how many minutes are u getting?

Mine is 1367g: P2 + H33D + Gopro 3plusBlack + Lightbridge + 4 props

P2 + H3-3D + GoPro 3+ Black + AVL58 + Antenna + FPV Hub + GPS Tracker + Camera Guard + Props.

I was getting around 15 minutes (more or less) until I hit 30% battery to start flying back home.

imprimatur said:
Hello guys, I was doing some research and apparently the max weight in a Phantom 1 is 1300g - what is the max payload in a Phantom 2? is it 1300g too? By max payload I mean safe payload, not crazy DSLR lifts like some you can see on Youtube lol :lol:

I appreciate very much your input. :mrgreen:

Thx!

DJI quote 1350g for the P2, and flies very well at this weight (mine is 1349g!). I have a set of thrust boosted props that allow a bit of extra weight - I'm planning on adding an iPad Ground Station which will take the weight over 1350g. Current setup is H3-3D with GP Hero 3 Black, anti interference board, iOSD mini and Boscam TS351 with a skew planar antenna.

Cheers,

Rory

At the moment my Phantom 2 V2 is loaded with:

H3-3D gimbal
GoPro Hero 4 Black + ND filter
Boscam FPV transmitter
frSKY X8R
frSKY GPS sensor
frSKY Variometer sensor
iOSD mini
BTU unit
replaced motors: now I have 4x 2212 1000kv engines

The frSKY sensors have just been installed. Anyway it should fly well.

According to the manual, a phantom with a h3-3d gimbal and a GoPro will reach it's max payload, not recommended to add anything more, not even prop guards!

RoryG said:
DJI quote 1350g for the P2, and flies very well at this weight (mine is 1349g!). I have a set of thrust boosted props that allow a bit of extra weight - I'm planning on adding an iPad Ground Station which will take the weight over 1350g. Current setup is H3-3D with GP Hero 3 Black, anti interference board, iOSD mini and Boscam TS351 with a skew planar antenna.

Cheers,

Rory

The manufactures takeoff weight per the manual for the P2 NV is 1300g and for the P2 V+ it's 1350g. The weight of my P2 NV was 1324g and after removing the AVL58 TX and replacing with immersion 600mw TX it now weighs 1284g.

UrAwFuL said:
:eek: :rolleyes:

Someone needs to clean his scale. :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj