Phantom 2 Main Controller Firmware Mis-match

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really hope I can find help here, I am googling since hours and tried all types of things. My problem is that I can't get the Phantom 2 Assistant Software running as it should.

Here's what I do:

1. I go to http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download and Download the Assistant Software 2.0 as well as "DJI WIN Driver Installer". (I am on Windows 8 btw.)

2. I install the driver (and when it asks me to turn on the copter, I do so).

3. I install the Assistant Software.

4. I start the Assistant Software.

It starts with the Upgrade-tab opened and tells me "Phantom 2 Main Controller Firmware Mis-match" although all entries seem uptodate and there's no option to upgrade anything. Whenever I try to switch to another tab it tells me "You must update Main controller firmware to new version" and will not allow me to switch the tab. Yet, as I wrote, all entries are uptodate and say "No updates" to the right. The Main Controller entry is at 1.8.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or what the problem is?

Thanks a lot!

Oh my ... didn't see that ... and even less expected that. :) Thanks a lot for the answer! So, let's patiently wait ...

As aoatley said, DJI just released some new firmware and it would appear that not everything has updated on their side.

Assuming you had a good setup before, meaning everything was up-to-date and working, you don't need to worry. Just continue using your Phantom as you have been and then in a few days (or maybe longer), I'm sure the kinks will be worked out and all will be well with the new firmware within the PT2 Assistant.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it," I always say.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

aoatley said:
Fink

most people want to upgrade for the ground station support.

Oh I don't blame them - I am totally jealous.

I just weigh the options. Ground Station support with major headaches and possible issues, or fly as-is for another week and see how things go. Then again, I'm an IT guy for a living so I've learned to be extremely patient with updates to any piece of software/equipment.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

No, no, I will definitely wait. I simply didn't know it was a special issue right now, as I coincidentally bought the copter today and naturally wanted to check if it's software is uptodate. I learned it the hard way too: never play / update / go-online on patch day. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic