phantom 2 limits

Reaction score
hi i bought a phantom advanced 3 .

i have a couple questions about the phantom 2. i might buy, due to a sweet deal.
how does it operate compared to the p3?
do i need to use my own video transmitter and screen? unlike how the p3 uses the dji app.
height limits on the phantom 2. as of may 01 2016 what are they? same as p3a? 500m?

The P2 is just a flying device, no FPV or telemetry without additional components, as for distance, the TX can reach about 1KM from memory, no height limits on the P2 (same as the P2V and P2V+) your distance is limited by the TX, mod that and you can go as far as you want.

Additional components, FPV setup (5.8ghz) and receiver (screen or glasses) for telemetry you need to add the IOSD device from DJI, the gimbal can be the H3-2D/3D which takes the Gopro or you can buy a 2D gimbal from Ebay for a few bucks.

Flying time naked on a good battery is about 18-20 minutes, with additional parts flying time will be less.

Think that answers your questions

The P2 is just a flying device, no FPV or telemetry without additional components, as for distance, the TX can reach about 1KM from memory, no height limits on the P2 (same as the P2V and P2V+) your distance is limited by the TX, mod that and you can go as far as you want.

Additional components, FPV setup (5.8ghz) and receiver (screen or glasses) for telemetry you need to add the IOSD device from DJI, the gimbal can be the H3-2D/3D which takes the Gopro or you can buy a 2D gimbal from Ebay for a few bucks.

Flying time naked on a good battery is about 18-20 minutes, with additional parts flying time will be less.

Sorry but the P2 does have a height limit with firmware v3.6 and up but there is a disclaimer to go above 120 m.

disclaimer.jpg

Last edited:

yeah wow thanks for the simple answer without all the judgment most people like to add in!
yeah i actually have a 600mah video transmitter with a dji 5.8ghz screen receiver i was using for my wltoys drone . so theres video fee and power wires hanging down to tap into?

o wait your saying with the new updates it limits all the phantoms now to the 500m? so if i buy a used p2 it will have the same height limit as my p3a?

I have no idea what the P3A has as altitude limit but that is the limit for all of the P2 line of quads using firmware v3.6 and up. As you can see I type in 130 M and when I hit enter that agreement pops up. Course I have no idea where you came up with 500 meters. Did you mean 500m as in distance?

Keep this in mind it take less time to going up then it does coming down. More food for thought if there high winds at 1640 feet you may not get it back and hope to hell body is hit by it.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the P3A has as altitude limit but that is the limit for all of the P2 line of quads using firmware v3.6 and up. As you can see I type in 130 M and when I hit enter that agreement pops up. Course I have no idea where you came up with 500 meters. Did you mean 500m as in distance?

Keep this in mind it take less time to going up then it does coming down. More food for thought if there high winds at 1640 feet you may not get it back and hope to hell body is hit by it.

try to type in something more than 500m. like 501m see what happens and let me know! thanks man

try to type in something more than 500m. like 501m see what happens and let me know! thanks man

The P3 has a built in 500m height limit set by DJi in the firmware.

Sorry but the P2 does have a height limit with firmware v3.6 and up but there is a disclaimer to go above 120 m.

So once you accept the disclaimer there is no height limit

Jason will you please stop answering questions with half guesses, you can put what you like in the max limits, i have it set to 3000ft and have gone that high once, there are no limits with the P2 but there are local laws that ask you not to go that high.

The P3 is limited and is one of the reasons i dont like them.

Jason will you please stop answering questions with half guesses, you can put what you like in the max limits, i have it set to 3000ft and have gone that high once, there are no limits with the P2 but there are local laws that ask you not to go that high.

thanks for the headshot on the answer :) yeah i went from a v666 wltoys to a p3a sweeet upgrade. but yeah i modded my v666 with 2w range booster.

interesting there's no limit.....shitttt i might buy this used p2 just to thrash on it..... lolll
uness someone has one up for sale on here?

and yeah i just ignore peoples opinions about the "laws" iv printed the ffa regulations book. its like 800 pages . unless your a lawyer i don't even answer back to peoples remarks on their feelings on how people fly their own quads.
my favorite is when people think u can window pep...like wtf? u could get a better view just walking down a street sidewalk lmfao , there's always opinionated people.

For thing in the firmware v3.6 and up I'm not using any half guesses dji set a limit of a 120 m and if you what to go higher then that you can but only after you agree the agreement that comes up when hit the enter key.

So why don't you take the time to read the bloody agreement.
disclaimer.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20