Phantom 2 knocked down by LA Kings fans

There went >$1,000. Sad.

Wow!
Why didn't the operator pay attention and leave the area if it was getting targeted. Just sitting there taking it, not smart.

lost P2 AND a GP3 probably. :eek:

It was for sure a brain dead move.

dragonash said:
idiots on both sides.

At least thats one pilot that wont give us a bad name in the future :)

He's better off not flying, just too many things wrong with this picture... Crowd did us a favor weeding this guy out.

a) flying directly over a crowd
b) just hovering while people are throwing stuff at it

SilentAV8R said:
DaveTown said:
Hope nobody got sliced by those props...

They're hockey fans. Probably would not have noticed if they did. :?

from other photos I saw they smashed it to crap ..... arms were broken off and all ..... oh well .. how it goes, if you want to play, sometimes you might have to pay $$ !!! :lol:

sucks...but i agree the pilot was an idiot for first flying over the crowd like that. And secondly staying in an area when his quad is trying to be knocked out of the sky. Third when he goes lower and gets well within range of people throwing stuff. Idiots like that deserve to have their stuff broken.

The video looks a lot like a stunt. It's very hard to believe any normal pilot would just leave his bird hanging there while the mob kept trying to bring it down like that.

The whole suggestion that it was a LAPD drone is laughable. Like the LAPD would buy a cheap Phantom for serious surveillance!! LAPD is reported to have acquired drones secondhand from Seattle police so I cant see this being one of theirs.
But if it was ... there's no way they would just dangle it above an angry mob like that.

I find the comments on Youtube interesting. So many that really believe that the police or government would use quads against the populace and genuinely see them as a threat. If these people were from Syria that might make sense but in the USA????

Great. Just what I need in downtown LA. Neanderthals. And what the hell was the Phantom owner thinking? Stupidity knows no limits.

ianwood said:
Great. Just what I need in downtown LA. Neanderthals. And what the hell was the Phantom owner thinking? Stupidity knows no limits.

Nothing against hockey, but hey, when your sport celebrates the accomplishment and role of "enforcers," I'm not sure how you should expect for fanbase to act :) And yeah, that Phantom pilot wasn't exactly flying without notice. There were maybe two dozen shoes and shirts thrown at that thing before it got pegged....he just kept going...ZERO common sense on all sides of the fence here.

Meta4 said:
The video looks a lot like a stunt. It's very hard to believe any normal pilot would just leave his bird hanging there while the mob kept trying to bring it down like that.

Really? That's hard to believe with all the other idiot stories and stupid stuff people do in general?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik