Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 killed by LA Kings fans (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'News' started by Wind_Shear, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Wind_Shear

I'm mystified as to why this person was flying within easy throwing range of this drunken mob, and even more mystified as to why he didn't take any evasive maneuvers when the first bottle hits after the first t-shirt came close enough to catch the downdraft... :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR39DErszRE[/youtube]

2. eckoner

My fying partner was on site ready to put his P2 up to film the crowd and i was on my way down there but was detained and could not make it so my partner chickens out because he was about to put up a P2 on a maiden flight that night but decided not too because he had not flown this particular P2 yet.

Then i see this video ....first off
    IMO ....it's not a good thing to fly over huge crowds like that at such a low level.
    Then a rowdy crowd like that you stay pretty high because you know they are gonna throw stuff at it

it was boneheaded and i'm sure a lesson was learned
    and to the idiots throwing stuff and capturing the P2 i hope you guys have some prop cuts this morning. lol

3. Wind_Shear

Agreed on all four points...flying over a crowd is bad, idea, given (rule #1), but some people will do it anyway ( :| ). Since this person obviously had no idea what they were doing in the first place, I'm not surprised they didn't hesitate to break said rule.

Tl;dr - The whole thing was a demonstration of a nice blend of stupidity & ignorance.

4. poostik

Gotta expect that to happen.

5. xavpil

6. Kelso Kubat

I'm sure it felt great catching that thing! :shock: