Phantom 2 keeps falling...

Reaction score
Greetings from Portugal.

My first time here, i've tried to find for my problem but i didn´t find it, so here's a new topic.

Well, the problem is that, my DJi Phantom 2, keeps falling. I´m using it for two months, and it crashed, maybe for five or six times. This happend when i simply turn around. When i do this, the drone imediatly fly backwards, and down. Is this normal? I've heard that on windy days, it's normal, but this happend even when the weather is great. My seller told me that this is normal, and i'm assuming that the problem is me, and i need to practice even more. ( this is my first time that i'm using flying objects )

Another thing, the Phanton blinks orange too many times... sometimes it just " go home ", some other times the greens come back again... i'm worried, and i need help, before someone gets hurt... :(

Sorry for my bad english...

that don't sound normal at all.

Since you are a beginner you should be flying in Phantom or "Vision" mode. NOT NAZA mode.
Also, you should make sure your compass is calibrated properly.
heres an example video for calibrating the compass
http://youtu.be/t2hfclQAjcM

The naza mode seems to be the essayist for me. But I also learned how to fly a phantom with a fc40 which only has the naza mode so on my vision the phantom mode seems all foreign to me.

But in either mode dont sound like the would cause the problems you are having. Even on windy days it can drift in the wind bad if not in gps mode and in gps mode it should only drift around a tiny big and should not fly the wrong directions.

But if you calibrate you compass and its still doing weird things. it could maybe be the s2 switch going bad and making it change mode from gps to atti mode While you are flying. As the switch jiggles around while you are moving the transmitter.

J.James said:
The naza mode seems to be the essayist for me. But I also learned how to fly a phantom with a fc40 which only has the naza mode so on my vision the phantom mode seems all foreign to me.

But in either mode dont sound like the would cause the problems you are having. Even on windy days it can drift in the wind bad if not in gps mode and in gps mode it should only drift around a tiny big and should not fly the wrong directions.

But if you calibrate you compass and its still doing weird things. it could maybe be the s2 switch going bad and making it change mode from gps to atti mode While you are flying. As the switch jiggles around while you are moving the transmitter.
Should i recalibrate the remote?

I would check the s1 and s2 switches By hooking the phantom up to the naza assistant and then with the remote turned on flip the switches to all there postions and watch in the naza to make sure they show they are in what ever position you switch them to. and also wiggle them a bit in each position and make sure you dont see them jump in to any other mode then they are in the position for.

J.James said:

I would check the s1 and s2 switches By hooking the phantom up to the naza assistant and then with the remote turned on flip the switches to all there postions and watch in the naza to make sure they show they are in what ever position you switch them to. and also wiggle them a bit in each position and make sure you dont see them jump in to any other mode then they are in the position for.
Everything looks fine. After the last update, the drone is much better, and more stable... However sometimes he stills looks like is going to fall... So my only way to avoid that is keep it moving around... ( take pictures is impossible)

Is that true what they say about the GO PRO wi-fi?

The wifi signal from the GoPro can interfere with the controller because they're on the same frequency and the GoPro is very close to the receiver at all times. Turn it off. There's no benefit.
Even if you were trying to downlink video to a phone, you can only get about 50ft of range.

Any video of this behavior ?

Second looks like it may be a vortex ring state failure - the way after striking the floor it rose up indicates this.

Not enough video on first one to say that was the same.

SO read about vortex ring state and how to fly out of it.

Thank you Paula, actualy i'm reading about that, so when I want to bring it down, i allways give some movement to the side, so the drone doesn't descend verticaly. Is that correct? Also read that we should't descend backwards... I don't know about it...
In the first video, it was my friend who was in charge, and he told me that he just tryed to move backwards, and suddently it crashes...

Yes, landing is best not to do a long direct decent but fly it in loosing height and then land. Second may be pilot error then.

Say away from flying over people until you are completely happy that that is what occurred.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.