Phantom 2 just wont power up

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Have a very annoying problem - took firmware a while ago, seemed to install correctly etc.
Phantom doesn't have anywhere near enough power to take off now. Drone was working fine before and have not had it apart or changed anything since it last worked as it should, the only change was the firmware update.
After the update I did not test it, it sat for a couple weeks even a month maybe, when i went to use it the problem was apparent.
There is a yellow light as you will see in the video when the props are running now, I am baffled as it just has no power.
I have taken other updates since and still the same issue, not sure if I have a buggered part inside or what is going on.
Any help would be appreciated. Tried the Naza assistant today and that doesnt seem to be able to see the drone when connected so I am suspecting Naza could be the issue. DJI tech was pretty unhelpful. As I said it worked perfectly before firmware but cant remember version taken, it was about 3 updates ago or more but have updated to latest just today.

Running mini iOSD, fatshark 250mw FPV and stock everything else.

Hi! Did you mean to enclose a video? I didn't see one... But I'm on my iPhone so maybe I can't see it.

How old is the drone? How many flights on the batteries? Do you have more than one battery?

Apologies, these things happen when you have kids at your feet.

Batteries have had approximately 12 discharges each and there are 2 of them. Yes I have tried both fully charged also.
The drone is 10 months old, it hasn't been used since about July.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1fvQwKusQ[/youtube]

Re-calibrate the radio control using the R/C assistant first. You may have something odd going on there.

Did you leave the batteries fully charged from July? in which case, you may have killed them both.

LiPos do not like being left fully charged for any length of time and can develop this weird current limiting effect, where the voltage appears OK, but the current delivery is severely curtailed. I have had this on conventional R/C helis where I have forgotten about a battery and then found it months later.

Try fully discharging the batteries down to motor cut off, recharging and trying to fly again. If you get airborne, keep close to the ground, as the life may be very limited.

Thanks I will give it a go, but I doubt that is the issue as when it first happened they were only left for a few weeks maybe a month tops. It would be unlikely they both died. I will try anything none the less.
I have also tried the recal several times, it is bugging me that the Naza assistant wont see the craft though.
cheers.

Yeah, I would be suspicious if the Naza was not responding. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the PC drivers? Worth having a look in the device manager to see if the PC is correctly recognising the quad, or if it has a driver issue. This is quite common after some windows updates I gather, but not had an issue myself. I have one laptop on W7 and another on W8 and they both work correctly at present.

The obvious thing to try is calibrate the sticks - first in RC Assistant then in the main Phantom Assistant.
It looks like moving to full power is only giving you maybe 20% throttle.
While in there do an advanced IMU calibration, and look through the other tabs to note what the battery condition is like.
It may be the circuitry is detecting a problem and stopping the take off for that reason.
A likely possibility is the battery does not have enough voltage due to the storage period.

I had the same problem after installing and using the rc assistant. I found I had chosen mode 1 and I recalibrated using mode 2 it works just like before.

Mark,
I am a newbie but that's what worked for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik