Phantom 2 issues (Motors won't respond to controller)

Reaction score
So let me admit that I am very new to the phantom community and flying but have picked up a lot in the past few weeks. I bought what I believe is a regular phantom 2 (Model Number P33OZ) that was used on eBay. Owner admitted it was one flown twice but did have one crash. He put it up and sold it without a controller. So I ordered the 2.4 (DJI NDJ6) controller and downloaded the software for the controller, calibrated it, did the same thing with the drone, calibrated it in all phases, everything was updated with the most current firmware. The Phantom is installed with a gimbal and GoPro and when I power it on, it gives me a beep, goes through all the colors, then flashes yellow for a few min. Then flashes a steady green. The controller will control the gimbal but not the phantom and the motors will not start. Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures of the after market stuff he did. Worried something may have been knocked loose with the crash. I have not taken the shell off but might do that if I don't find a solution soon. Please let me know if my information is off in terms of the equipment I have mentioned

c928a478183a80525727cb80f20679e8.jpg
c0812bf00765ed619f1ee263c85d8d56.jpg
58600f704ba2d6e36e6240302bfcc06a.jpg
222707ec24affc6d8a304f4709984cf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So let me admit that I am very new to the phantom community and flying but have picked up a lot in the past few weeks. I bought what I believe is a regular phantom 2 (Model Number P33OZ) that was used on eBay. Owner admitted it was one flown twice but did have one crash. He put it up and sold it without a controller. So I ordered the 2.4 (DJI NDJ6) controller and downloaded the software for the controller, calibrated it, did the same thing with the drone, calibrated it in all phases, everything was updated with the most current firmware. The Phantom is installed with a gimbal and GoPro and when I power it on, it gives me a beep, goes through all the colors, then flashes yellow for a few min. Then flashes a steady green. The controller will control the gimbal but not the phantom and the motors will not start. Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures of the after market stuff he did. Worried something may have been knocked loose with the crash. I have not taken the shell off but might do that if I don't find a solution soon. Please let me know if my information is off in terms of the equipment I have mentioned

c928a478183a80525727cb80f20679e8.jpg
c0812bf00765ed619f1ee263c85d8d56.jpg
58600f704ba2d6e36e6240302bfcc06a.jpg
222707ec24affc6d8a304f4709984cf6.jpg

Look at the top photo just below you thumb that hole leads to the receiver board and the LED will turn green when the controller is turned on. what you need to do is pair the controller to the P2 by depressing the LED until it starts flashing red then release it. Once completed connect the P2 to the computer and calibrate the sticks and X1 then go to the the advanced tab and do advanced IMU calibration and you're finished. Take it outside and calibrate the compass.

Sorry, I forgot too add in that part. I have paired it and it then goes from the blinking red to the green, and I also calibrated each stick along with the gimbal control as well. I also did the IMU Cali ration as well but I might redo these steps again anyways. Now, I didn't take it outside and calibrate the compass.... Could that be the reason? How exactly would I calibrate the compass?

Sorry, I forgot too add in that part. I have paired it and it then goes from the blinking red to the green, and I also calibrated each stick along with the gimbal control as well. I also did the IMU Cali ration as well but I might redo these steps again anyways. Now, I didn't take it outside and calibrate the compass.... Could that be the reason? How exactly would I calibrate the compass?

Here's a link to the user's manual and go to page 23.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Thank you so much for your help. I redid everything and worked the compass but still no luck. But it made me see that something was restricting my left joystick from from pushing all the way to the bottom left. I was able to get that out and was able to fire up the motors. Excited for my first flight. Thanks again!

Thank you so much for your help. I redid everything and worked the compass but still no luck. But it made me see that something was restricting my left joystick from from pushing all the way to the bottom left. I was able to get that out and was able to fire up the motors. Excited for my first flight. Thanks again!

I should have mentioned this Sunday that on the NDJ6 controller pulling the left stick straight down it will lock in position and it was designed to do that. It will not turnoff the motors when it's in flight but will cause the P2 to descend quickly and should never be used to land as it will hit the ground to hard. Now once it is on the ground you can lock the stick down and it will shut off the motors.

When I am spinning up the motors using CSC ( both sticks down and to the center) the left stick does catch on the locking position (copper band inside the controller) just move it forward if that happens. Maybe watching this video will explain it better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj