Phantom 2 IOSD Mark II H3-2D Gimbal Installation

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an installation video for the IOSD Mark 2 and the Phantom 2 with the H3-2D Gimbal? I am hopelessly confused......

The most simple way to go about it would be to use the FPV hub, it acts as a convenient go-between with your gimbal, Phantom, OSD, and FPV transmitter: http://1uas.com/Phantom-2-Part-9-FPV-Cablehub

It comes with all the cables you need for the components you named and an easy connection diagram. Depending on what video transmitter you have you might need to splice those connections to one of the cables on the hub, but if you have the DJI AVL58 transmitter then that cable is included as well (no splicing).

OI Photography said:
The most simple way to go about it would be to use the FPV hub, it acts as a convenient go-between with your gimbal, Phantom, OSD, and FPV transmitter: http://1uas.com/Phantom-2-Part-9-FPV-Cablehub

It comes with all the cables you need for the components you named and an easy connection diagram. Depending on what video transmitter you have you might need to splice those connections to one of the cables on the hub, but if you have the DJI AVL58 transmitter then that cable is included as well (no splicing).

I appreciate that, and I may come back to it. After a small freak out / exasperation episode, I left everything on my workbench and stepped away. I came back, looked carefully at the manual (duh!), laid everything out, and I believe I am now on the right track. For some reason I was under the impression that it would take no soldering as is, but I was wrong - it will require some.

Again, thanks

OI Photography said:
No problem! We'll still be happy to help if you run in to any snags doing it yourself :)

Clarksville, TN, huh? If I get into too much of a jam I may have to drive up there. I am in Collierville, TN

:D

wde1361 said:
OI Photography said:
No problem! We'll still be happy to help if you run in to any snags doing it yourself :)

Clarksville, TN, huh? If I get into too much of a jam I may have to drive up there. I am in Collierville, TN

:D

Feel free! Always happy to fly or tinker with another pilot :cool:

Well, I did it. I have successfully linked up the IOSD and video transmitter. The wiring looks like a dog's butt, but what the Hell!
:geek:

wde1361 said:
Well, I did it. I have successfully linked up the IOSD and video transmitter. The wiring looks like a dog's butt, but what the Hell!
:geek:

Cool! I bet the money you saved by doing it yourself looks real pretty though :D

Indeed. I don't know if there is anybody around here that does this sort of thing anyway, although the guy who lives across the street is currently in "negotiations" with his wife over getting one.
:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik