Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom 2 + Hero model 1

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by basildane, Apr 7, 2014.

1. basildane

I have not purchased a Phantom yet, I'm still trying to figure out which model.
    I already have a GoPro Hero, not a Hero 3. I notice everything here talks about the Hero 3.

Will the standard Hero camera mount on the Phantom 2? I realize there is no FPV.
    Would the Vision Plus be a better choice than this rig?

Note: I have been flying my Hero on a conventional helicopter but the video is pretty bad; the jello syndrome. I'm an experienced r/c pilot.

2. scratch009

If you want to use the gimbal of DJI it needs to be a Hero 3. I tried mine old hero 1 and although it fits, it is too heavy and might be not so good for the gimbal. If you just want to attach it via a bracket or something you should be fine. You could even do FPV by using analog out of the hero 1. Vision is a different setup, also more expensive. Depends a bit on your needs. Do you want really stable video for example? then a gimbal is a must. It seems the vision+ (just released) has gimbal also.

3. Hasty1975

What is a good mount for the Hero 1 on a Phantom 2? It's for my 12 year old and I can't see purchasing a new GoPro Hero 3 for $300 and a gimbal for another $200. Looking for basic. Thanks in advance.