Phantom 2 Hard Case

Reaction score
I had built a previous case for my F450 with the pick-n-pluck foam but I wanted to find a pre-cut styrofoam hard case for my new Phantom 2 with H4-3D.

I came across this on Amazon for $140 and it arrived today. It's PERFECT! and quite a bit cheaper than a lot of other options out there.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG564QS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00PG564QS

I put a GoPro sticker on it and a couple of small DJI stickers too. It has a very solid feel to it.

I fit the Phantom 2 with Gimbal and GoPro, Tx, 1 extra battery, Data Link with all cables, 2x Phantom 1 batteries to power data link, Phantom 1 battery charger and cables, Phantom 2 battery charger and cables, 2x screw drivers, 2x sets of props (1 on), room for GoPro batteries and a few more goodies.

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 471
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 447
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 426
No wheels is a deal breaker for me.

I was fortunate enough to find one on Craigslist for $120 from Aerial Media Pros. Normally $229, I think. So I got lucky, especially since I wasn't even in the market for it when I bought it lol.

I have in it:

- P2 with 15mm landing gear extensions, H3-3D, Hero 3+
- props
- 4 batteries
- transmitter with Rave Aerial Mount (the case holds the transmitter vertically, while others typically store them on the side and thus making it not fit with the Rave Aerial Mount)
- P2 charger
- USB cable
- 2 7" FPV monitors (one is a DVR)
- hood for monitor
- spare battery for Black Pearl
- 6 FPV antennas
- 2 screwdrivers
- 4 memory cards
- lanyard
- 4 Snake River Prototpung filters

And I still have room for more. It's this one: http://aerialmediapros.com/store/custom ... -case.html

I notice that a lot of these cases, that supposedly take the drone with the props attached are pushing down on the props when the case is closed. I know the upper lid is padded, but won't the pressure distort the props over time? I have a case that can also accommodate the prop guards so it's massive and heavy. I have been removing the props everytime to store it. The padding in the lid still pushes on the motor rods but it doesn't seem to be forcing anything hard. I wish it had wheels!

jonstatt said:
I notice that a lot of these cases, that supposedly take the drone with the props attached are pushing down on the props when the case is closed. I know the upper lid is padded, but won't the pressure distort the props over time? I have been removing the props everytime to store it. The padding in the lid still pushes on the motor rods but it doesn't seem to be forcing anything hard.

I have the GP cases for my birds the padding on the lid dose push on them slightly . I pull the props off every time they are in the case it takes no time to pull them I fill better with them off .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic