Phantom 2+ H3-3D with Phantom Vision Functionality

Reaction score
Hello All

Yes, I am new to the Phantom and QuadCopters but have been a tech junkie for a long time. Have been reading posts here for about two weeks, and joined the forum recently. A big thank you to all for the wonderful and informative posts and responses.

We are looking to purchase the Phantom 2 with either the Zenmuse H3-2D or H3-3D gimbal using GoPro Hero 3+ Black. We would like to have the same control and FPV functionality as the Phantom 2 Vision. Not sure how to proceed. Have done mods in the past but was hoping for an easy solution. Currently using iOS devices (iPhone's and iPad's) so would like to use those for FPV and flight data links (as the Vision does).

We are retired but still continue to do graphic art/design and photography and want to add this to the mix.

Ease of use is important because we have local high school students that wish to explore this also in thw High School video production course.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Fred R

Its not really going to happen with the Non Vision. You don't want to run any wifi with the Phantom 2 with gimbal.

In a nut shell…….
You can either get the Vision for ease of use, FPV thru iPhone etc…. or get the Phantom 2 with gimbal for go pro and purchase extra components to have FPV

Hey Fred,

You definitely don't want to run any sort of WiFi link in addition to the Phantom's own connection with its transmitter. That goes for anything - FPV or not. If you do go with the GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition, people have talked about going to great lengths to ensure the WiFi is disabled on it before getting the Phantom off the ground. Just a word of warning on that.

What is your goal with this Phantom? Given that you're looking at doing aerial photography with it, how important is the FPV to you? Do you feel it would give you a big advantage to a non-FPV setup when taking aerial footage? I only ask because I don't have FPV, and while I also don't have a gimbal and GoPro yet, I don't feel like I need FPV nor do I think I would need it when I upgrade to a gimbal/GoPro setup. Just something to think about.

My suggestion would be to get the Phantom 2 Non-Vision and fly it a bunch. Get really comfortable with the unit itself and then see if you think FPV will provide a huge benefit.

If you're dead set on FPV, there are countless threads on here with details on the various setups people are using and which ones work best. Be sure to have a budget set and make sure your wallet/credit cards are locked up...that stuff can add up quickly. :D

Good luck!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj