Phantom 2 (H3-3D) w/ Lightbridge, am I missing anything?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just getting into the quad world and put together a list of items I am ordering. Having a hard time finding exact info, or finding conflicting information on exactly what I will need. Even calling vendors, I get different answers so I'm not sure what is true.

Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

What I've ordered so far:
DJI Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D Gimbal w/ Extra Battery
GoPro Hero3+ Black

Now my intention is to have FPV, so I figured I would just purchase a lightbridge.

I am ready to order the following for that setup:
DJI Lightbridge
Fatuba 14SG

Questions:
1) Reading online, I see some people mention that I will need a cable between the Lightbridge and the GoPro and it does not come with this? The vendors are saying it comes with everything I need. If not - Does anyone know the cable(s) I would need here? I think this is on the Phantom 2 side.

2) Also - is there any trainer cable for the connection between the main Lightbridge box and the Fatuba? Is there a specific cable I need there that isn't included?

3) Is there a mount for mounting the Lightbridge to the Fatuba that would work best? I was also hoping to find a way to mount a Samsung Galaxy S4, or some sort of Android tablet to the controller as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for that?

4) When purchasing the Fatuba, do I need to purchase the remote with the receiver/transmitter - or is just the transmitter?

Very much appreciated with the information. The vendors I have been speaking with are telling me everything I need is included, however they don't sound too sure of themselves and I've been reading conflicting information online.

(1) My LB came with the HDMI cable, but it was one of the first - all the reports I've seen recently indicate that the latest versions are not shipping with the necessary cable.

(2) My LB came with the necessary trainer cables, and it is still shown as part of the standard LB package.

(3) The original LBs came with a cell phone mount kit - the later ones do not. Unfortunately I have no good recommendations on that.

(4) Just the radio - it connects directly to the LB and does not transmit.

I recommend checking out the following Lightbridge discussion forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 053&pp=100

As well as discussing several of these issues, including where to find the HDMI cable, Tahoe Ed and blade strike are DJI forum support reps and very helpful.

doofoo said:
Hi All,

Just getting into the quad world and put together a list of items I am ordering. Having a hard time finding exact info, or finding conflicting information on exactly what I will need. Even calling vendors, I get different answers so I'm not sure what is true.

Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

What I've ordered so far:
DJI Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D Gimbal w/ Extra Battery
GoPro Hero3+ Black

Now my intention is to have FPV, so I figured I would just purchase a lightbridge.

I am ready to order the following for that setup:
DJI Lightbridge
Fatuba 14SG

Questions:
1) Reading online, I see some people mention that I will need a cable between the Lightbridge and the GoPro and it does not come with this? The vendors are saying it comes with everything I need. If not - Does anyone know the cable(s) I would need here? I think this is on the Phantom 2 side.

2) Also - is there any trainer cable for the connection between the main Lightbridge box and the Fatuba? Is there a specific cable I need there that isn't included?

3) Is there a mount for mounting the Lightbridge to the Fatuba that would work best? I was also hoping to find a way to mount a Samsung Galaxy S4, or some sort of Android tablet to the controller as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for that?

4) When purchasing the Fatuba, do I need to purchase the remote with the receiver/transmitter - or is just the transmitter?

Very much appreciated with the information. The vendors I have been speaking with are telling me everything I need is included, however they don't sound too sure of themselves and I've been reading conflicting information online.

my lightbridge came with trainer cord for futaba 14sg and lightbridge

my lightbridge came with the accessory pack with HDMI cable lightbridge mount and phone mount (but i use HDMI Monitor Now with newest update)
my lightbridge came with trainer cord

u do not need the transmitter, the trainer cord to lightbridge does all the transmitting the futaba does not use its RF signal at all. But i got the transmitter for future proofing my controller.

got my lightbridge at http://www.rangevideo.com/en/dji/305-dj ... ridge.html

yup you should be good to go with that, very similar setup to ours.

One tip which i haven't seen so far is - If you need to re-assign channels because your controller is all out - Reassign the channels via the lightbridge assistant plugged into the lightbridge ground station with your controller plugged in obviously.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20