Phantom 2, h3 3d and gopro 3+ won't turn on.

ben

Reaction score
Hi all,
Brilliant forum and has been very helpful sorting a few niggles.
I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?
I've flown the new phantom 2 once with the camera and gimble and filmed a little bit no problem. I turned the camera on first then transmitter and finally the phantom waiting of course for the gps lock.
The second flight I tried the same but the camera wouldn't turn on?
After the flight I tried to charge the gopro but couldn't get and response. Eventually I removed the gopro battery and all back to normal.
I left it off but connected and tried another flight later and the same thing happened. Dead gopro until I removed and refitted the battery again.
I've scoured the net for similar problems but don't seem to be able to find an answer. All theories greatly received.

ben said:
Hi all,
Brilliant forum and has been very helpful sorting a few niggles.
I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?
I've flown the new phantom 2 once with the camera and gimble and filmed a little bit no problem. I turned the camera on first then transmitter and finally the phantom waiting of course for the gps lock.
The second flight I tried the same but the camera wouldn't turn on?
After the flight I tried to charge the gopro but couldn't get and response. Eventually I removed the gopro battery and all back to normal.
I left it off but connected and tried another flight later and the same thing happened. Dead gopro until I removed and refitted the battery again.
I've scoured the net for similar problems but don't seem to be able to find an answer. All theories greatly received.

First time I heard of this one... Sounds like you have a bad connection in the gopro. Have you ever dropped it?

Try the go pro on its own. Use it as if it's detached from the phantom. Test the battery out.
Are you using the usb h33d 1.1 flex cable? It could be damaged or maybe causing it to short.

Many thanks for the replies guys.
The gopro has had an easy life, nothing extreme and probably only 5 battery cycles max.
I'm still using the provided usb plug and ribbon until the conversion plug arrives from China!
I'll inspect it for damage and may replace with the spare ribbon and see what happens..

Go to GoPro website and update your GoPros software. Have had a couple do similar as you posted and update fixed no charge symptoms

Thanks, I'll give that a go.
It seems that the problem is still evident even when not connected to the phantom..

Just to update for anyone finding this thread in the future..
After running updates and going through all the gopro suggestions.
Gopro are taking it back to either fix or replace as we reached a dead end! So hopefully good news!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik