Phantom 2 GPS Flight over Bond Lake NC

Reaction score
Decided to take the P2 out to Bond Lake and see how well she would perform following GPS coordinates in the Vision+ app.

Bond Lake gave me clear LOS out to nearly 700 meters and the bird performed flawlessly. I did two flights out to the maximum range limits of the application and I'm quite pleased with the results. Admittedly I was extremely nervous at first but I'm feeling much more comfortable now that I've had success.

Looking forward to doing more in the future and working on my video editing skills. :)

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtXRf-1JOCE

Great flight! Going with GPS waypoints sure allows you to focus more on the shot rather than the flying. Question for you regarding your 700M distance, did you have LOS on it the whole time? If so, what altitude were you at? I have been stretching my comfort level daily and have pushed out to 800M at about 300' AGL with LOS.

Hi sdtrojan,

I did have LOS for the duration of the flight. In the interest of full disclosure, I flew one mission at 250' AGL and the second (same course but counter-clockwise) at 150' AGL. I didn't post the second video yet but will get to it some time today.

Admittedly, she got small at the longest distance from the mission origin but I could still see her just fine.

Agreed on focusing on the shot using waypoints. It's also interesting what you pick up in the video when you watch it afterwards. Around 1:26 you can catch a couple dogs jumping/swimming in the lake at the upper portion of the shot. V cool.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers