Phantom 2 go pro 3 watch live

Reaction score
I'm new at this, I have a phantom 2 with a go pro 3 and I was wondering how can I see what the camera is filming during flight on my phone? I used the go pro app but it doesn't have a long range wifi and after a few meters the transmition is lost. Do I need any accessory? I read something about wifi range extender but I'm not sure if thats what I need...

I'm new at this, I have a phantom 2 with a go pro 3 and I was wondering how can I see what the camera is filming during flight on my phone? I used the go pro app but it doesn't have a long range wifi and after a few meters the transmition is lost. Do I need any accessory? I read something about wifi range extender but I'm not sure if thats what I need...

For one thing your RC unit and the P2 operate on frequency of 2.4Ghz which happens to be the same frequency of wifi and by turning on the GoPro's wifi you will lose control of the P2. If you what to see what camera sees you'll need to invest in a FPV system which consist of a video transmitter, mini iOSD, plug n play cable to connect both units and a monitor/receiver to view what the camera sees. Total cost for the system can be any wheres from $250 - $400 depending on which bands you buy.

Reactions: santtiaraya

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers