Phantom 2 & Gimbal H3-2D

Reaction score
I just purchased a Phantom 2 and Zenmuse Gimbal H3-2D. I have all the latest firmware for Main Controller(1.08), Receiver-Phantom 2(1.0.0.0), P330CB(1.0.1.19), Gimbal CMU(1.0), Gimbal IMU(1.8).

My first question is regarding the picture I have attached here, do I have the Gimbal mounted correctly onto the Phantom 2? I finally saw a video that has the "updated" mount and it appears I should move it back to be more centered on the base?

Second question: Do I need to take any steps or configure anything in Naza M mode of the Assistant Software before 1st flight? Is the phantom automatically in GPS mode out of the box, do I have to actually "turn it on"

Issue I am having with Gimbal tilt control with X1: When I first installed the Gimbal, the tilt lever control on the back of the D6 controller was tilting the Gimbal beautifully, slow and easy. Now, when I move the tilt lever it shoots the gimbal angle from one extreme to the other, there's no stop in between. I have tried adjusting the Manual Control speed, Servo travel limit pitch, etc. No changes happen when i adjust any of these things.

Forgive me if I am asking any "simple" or "obvious" questions, I am rather new at this. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! I want to get this thing in the air, I just want to cover ALL my bases before I do.

Attachments

• 20140209_141418-revised.jpg
    20140209_141418-revised.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 391
stewdaddy said:
I just purchased a Phantom 2 and Zenmuse Gimbal H3-2D. I have all the latest firmware for Main Controller(1.08), Receiver-Phantom 2(1.0.0.0), P330CB(1.0.1.19), Gimbal CMU(1.0), Gimbal IMU(1.8).

My first question is regarding the picture I have attached here, do I have the Gimbal mounted correctly onto the Phantom 2? I finally saw a video that has the "updated" mount and it appears I should move it back to be more centered on the base?

Second question: Do I need to take any steps or configure anything in Naza M mode of the Assistant Software before 1st flight? Is the phantom automatically in GPS mode out of the box, do I have to actually "turn it on"

Issue I am having with Gimbal tilt control with X1: When I first installed the Gimbal, the tilt lever control on the back of the D6 controller was tilting the Gimbal beautifully, slow and easy. Now, when I move the tilt lever it shoots the gimbal angle from one extreme to the other, there's no stop in between. I have tried adjusting the Manual Control speed, Servo travel limit pitch, etc. No changes happen when i adjust any of these things.

Forgive me if I am asking any "simple" or "obvious" questions, I am rather new at this. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! I want to get this thing in the air, I just want to cover ALL my bases before I do.

I fixed the Gimbal tilt control by re-running the RC Assistant Software (re-upgraded and re-calibrated)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic