Phantom 2 Gimbal Anti Drop Warning/ Failure

Reaction score
Howdy - first post. Have a Phantom 2 with Hero 3 gimbal. Took it out for its 3rd flight yesterday and had a failure with the anti drop screws on the gimbal. As the gimbal protrudes in front of the chassis of the bird, this completely exposes the front two anti drop screws. They were the only screws spare the props that came without loctite... The two front screws vibrated themselves loose during flight and the gimbal dropped. The rear two screws held and stopped it from being a complete catastrophe. Lost two screws, one rubber bushing and bent one of the anti drop "nuts" (I'm sure there's an official name for these).
Anyways... Some loctite is in order to solve this. Til I can find replacement anti drop screws have replaced the missing front units with cable ties which will suffice and are sufficiently light weight and act as a decent safety.

Other Phantom 2 pilots should check their anti drop gimbal fasteners and loctite lest ye fall fate to a similar mishap. Perhaps safety wire is in order?

Also - I notice that the replacement bushings are different colors and have degree markings on the bags. Can someone educate me on the properties of these different bushings or are they just colored differently for esthetics?

Thanks

Hi.

Re: bushings & colors - lower the #the softer the bushing - W/my Zenmuse black(50%) = Hard, White(40%) = Medium, Grey(30%) = soft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers