Phantom 2 FPV

Reaction score
Would appreciate some help if possible please? Really new to this Quadcopter after having flown my Dad's DIY yesterday and have got the bug lol. I love the look of the DJI products and more than likely looking to go for the Phantom 2 variant, but am a bit confused of which type to go for. Basically I am looking for a system that allows you to use the FPV function as well as recording video footage etc, but the choices offered seem endless and before i fully commit, some advice from experienced users would be very much appreciated.

Quick hi to all as this is my first post and again appreciate any advice you care to give.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

hi Chris. this topic has been discussed countless times on this forum so if you want more detail than this, search around.
to answer one of your questions about recording, each system takes a memory card and records locally. FPV is basically so you can see live what the camera sees and help frame your shots. If you're looking for an immersive flight experience you'll want goggles which means you need to go the 2nd route

basically the Phantom 2 Vision models (Vision or Vision+) are out of the box, ready to fly and use wifi to send the fpv straight to a mobile phone or tablet.
pros: out of the box, easy. cheaper than the other route if you factor in peripherals
cons: not upgradeable, camera is lower quality than gopro, and wifi range is limited

P2 non-vision models generally come with a gimbal (to stabilize the gopro) but you have to add your own gopro and fpv kit if desired. Wifi interferes with the remote control so you cannot use the gopro's (or any other) wifi and must add 5.8Ghz fpv. There's effort involved but can ultimately be a more powerful system
pros: upgradeable to better equipment like a newer gopro for example. gopro video is better than P2-Vision. with good transmitter/antennas, FPV range is much farther
cons: ultimately more expensive including price of gopro and fpv. effort or cost involved in kitting a FPV system.. meaning you can kit and built yourself for cheaper, or pony up for a plug and play kit

QYV brilliant reply and thano you for taking the time out to explain further. I shall do the search as you recommended and have another look at the options.

Thank you again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4