Phantom 2 flying

Reaction score
Hello I have a Phantom 3 advanced that is currently being repaired at DJI California. I found a phantom 2 I can use while mine is gone.
I guess the phantom 2 does not have a DJI interface on the tablet like the 3 does , because this one does not have a camera, it has a go pro mounting place I think.
How does the pilot know elevation, battery health, safe to fly, etc.... with a phantom 2???

You need to install DJI Vision. It's not as advanced as DJI GO, so many of the bells and whistles are going to be missing.

untitled.png
untitled.png
untitled.png

Here is a picture of it

Your photo is tiny :)

DJI Vision is the app to use for all P2 models.

You'll need GoPro , transmitter , receiver/monitor , iosd , some wiring or a hub kit .

Without a 2nd transmitter, you'll have to fly old school.

Do you have a usb port? If so, the app msinger provided in the link above will help you with your battery and other things.

Be sure you have a good home point. After you turn the battery on, I would pick up the aircraft and walk it around a little bit so GPS can reassess your location. You're more likely to get a good home point that way.

Good luck!

I picked the phantom up today and it is the first phantom after all, it flew good, motors made alittle noise in the wind, but good.
Now it came with a camera included image and no details or manuals. How does the camera work, does it plug into the plane when hanging off the mounting to the plane or do you pick up the video thru an app. Also my phantom 3 has the dji app on my tablet and I can see the elevation, safe to fly etc of the plane, how do you calibrate the compass in this model?? Or is it always fly by sight and the camera is always on taking shots??? Help
IMG_20160307_151230652.jpg
IMG_20160307_151219465.jpg
IMG_20160307_151201833_HDR.jpg

Your photo is tiny :)

DJI Vision is the app to use for all P2 models.

No it's not. It's for the Phantom 2 Vision (+). There is no app for the P2 non-vision.

OP, that looks like an FC40. I think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr