Phantom 2 Fly away after Startup

adelaar said:
Great Pumpkin said:
I had this sudden flyaway just once in 10 months of flying: when I took off from a manhole cover.
What happened? also a crash? uncontrollable.. Our drone isn't repairable but I don't want to buy a new one unless I know this can be prevented.

Don't throw your drone away. I don't know how extensive the damage is, but there is bound to be some working parts inside. Replacement hulls are available as is about every part.

If you don't want to rebuild it. Sell the parts here in the Classified section. We will buy motors, ESC, GPS, compass, etc., heck I might want the LEDs!

And, I'm truly sorry for your loss. I do seem to hear of too many weird incidents when the Phantom goes to one side or climbs, seemingly all by itself. It makes me a bit nervous.

Buckaye said:
adelaar said:
Oh my god, it just crashed.. It's over.

I was flying outside, everything went well, after 10 minutes suddenly it took it's own direction.. couldn't control it anymore..
it crashed into a building, luckily nobody got hurt..

So it there a thread about this? the classic flyaway and the reasons to it? Thank you

Had you crashed before it started exhibiting these symptoms? What is your history with the bird?

He stated that he had two times, prior to the last crash, where it flew off horizontally.

Could it be due to the fact ( in both crashed ) that I was close to buildings.. the first time i was above an underground parking as it seems
the second time on my roof i was flying around 10m - 20m above the buildings.. Maybe it was to close?

I'm still trying to figure out how this all happened, and how to prevent it in the future.
Thank you!

adelaar said:
Could it be due to the fact ( in both crashed ) that I was close to buildings.. the first time i was above an underground parking as it seems
the second time on my roof i was flying around 10m - 20m above the buildings.. Maybe it was to close?

I'm still trying to figure out how this all happened, and how to prevent it in the future.
Thank you!

When you experience an issue with the compass you have uncontrollable flight, it's a up is down and left is right kinda thing, but the Phantom doesn't take off like a rocket. Clearly the Phantom thinks it's receiving input that is telling it to climb. Could be an issue with the TX, or you could be getting some RF interference.

You might want to have a friend hold the Phantom, and see if it's responding to commands from the TX.

Edit:
I see your Phantom didn't survive, very sorry to hear.

Both x's did you take off from concrete? Could interference from rebar in the concrete be a factor?

The OP mentions switching to Manual mode for a moment. I've only ever used manual mode once. It was a wild ride I can tell you! I wouldn't be surprised if many 'flyaways' could be attributed to 'accidental' switching to Manual mode.

My drone dropped 100ft in a few seconds in manual mode. Dropped like a stone! Only switching back to GPS mode and full throttle saved me. Video even shows I did a loop in those few seconds eeek!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub