phantom 2 flies to the right in gps mode

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help here
after some crashes my phantom is flying away to the right in gps mode
I checked the sensors with the ipad groundstation and they seem fine
Switched back to v1.08 but still the same
calibrated everything. I don, t know what to do now
in attitude mode it flies straight up but in gps mode it flies away to the right .
Because of many crashes i check the way it flies with a friend by holding the landinggear above his head,
but direct after take off it moves to the right in gps mode as in a fly away
I bought it 2 months ago , and can, t find the problem
It was okay before some crashes .
can someone give me any help here?
thanks Ronald

I think there Is a huge post about this under ( general discussion board ) and another under ( phantom vision board )
( post heading: FIXING DJI'S COMPASS PROBLEM )
You live in California , or Africa?
They said it has something to do with magnetic compass ( inclanation )
Mostly ( western USA ( big time in California ) , and Africa ) please check it out!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Hey Jerry,

Thanks for your time, and the pointer to the topic...
I did scan the topic, and some of it sounded familiar, but the declination is 0.51 where we live.
Holland, and that's Europe.... ( so i might have a slight Anglo Dutch accent )

I tried to help within my knowledge, but i am lost to
Sensors seem to give the right info on the ipad / 2.4 datalink, stuf like gps location, altitude, nose of the drone, horizon
all work as intended. except for flying...

We had a small problem on one of the motors ( c-clip was gone ) but place a new one... and everything seemd right again.
In the test flight it went wrong, and things seemed like a fly away... in my reflex i told the pilot to shut the remote off
( hoping on a rth flight ). my 1st idea was that the other pilots on the field might interfere with their highend transmitters.

The phantom tried something but did not return to home, one of the other pilots advised atti mode.. so the pilot switched back on the transmitter and tried to fly back in atti which hardly worked either..

I had to fly back in some kind of uncontrolled manual mode which felt like the days of my bad calibrated hubsan x4
and the phantom did drift like crazy.

I do wonder about the sensor info on the ipad/datalink. Questions rise : like is the pointer ( nose direction ) on the ipad, based on gps info or on the magnetic sensor ? Or could it be one motor that's has a malfunction. I would expect the phantom would drift diagonal and not straight right.

I did offer to try my f550 naza v2 external gps on the phantom to see if that makes some difference.
Besides that i am out of options other than returning the phantom 2 to the dealer to see what is wrong.

Hey guys, found the problem of flying to the right everytime. One of the motors had a different noise so i changed the bearings. Made a calibration on a real flat surface and now it flies again as new. The bearings i bought at ebay with rings and washers.

J Dot said:
I think there Is a huge post about this under ( general discussion board ) and another under ( phantom vision board )
( post heading: FIXING DJI'S COMPASS PROBLEM )
You live in California , or Africa?
They said it has something to do with magnetic compass ( inclanation )
Mostly ( western USA ( big time in California ) , and Africa ) please check it out!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Could the 1.1.1 be affected by this too?

I'm from California.. :shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj