phantom 2 flies not more than 300 meters

Reaction score
My phantom 2 comes automaticcaly back tot 300 meters distance. When i want to fly further the phantom does not respond. When i want to put it back towards me it respond normally.

Is this a setting or something?

#1 - what are your limits set to?

#2 - Are you within 5 miles of an airport?

Everything is set to 3000 meters except one setting in iosd. This is the only setting that stands on 300 meters

EMCSQUAR said:

This brings up an interesting question I have. My P2 has the latest firmware, including the airport restriction (which I have absolutely no issues with). However, we are moving this summer and our new home is (according to Google Earth) 3.13 miles from the nearest runway to the new abode. Will the P2 just refuse to do anything, or will it fly any distance at all? I have no problem finding another field to fly from, but there's a great one literally in my back yard and it would be nice to be able to use it.

radioguy said:
EMCSQUAR said:

This brings up an interesting question I have. My P2 has the latest firmware, including the airport restriction (which I have absolutely no issues with). However, we are moving this summer and our new home is (according to Google Earth) 3.13 miles from the nearest runway to the new abode. Will the P2 just refuse to do anything, or will it fly any distance at all? I have no problem finding another field to fly from, but there's a great one literally in my back yard and it would be nice to be able to use it.

This reference will show and explain all the flight restriction zones DJI included in the P2 firmware, I'm guessing the airport you're referring to will not be on that list: http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Of course it will still be wise for you to make sure you stay clear of the patterns for that strip, those smaller airports are where you'll often find crop dusters and other low flyers.

I found out that my airport (Will Rogers in Oklahoma City) is on neither list, so I should have no issues (I don't know whether to be insulted or not!). Nevertheless, flying around airports is a very, very bad idea and not on my list of things to do. Thanks OI Photography for pointing this video out to me-much appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik