Phantom 2 - First Flight Problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, and haven't had my first flight as of yet :(

I have the Phantom 2 with the H3-3D Gimbal using a GoPro.

I first powered my Phantom up and I was just getting 2 yellow lights flashing, and no GPS data in the upgrade section of the app. I opened it up and the GPS cable was not connected, so I connected it and now it says the hardware id and firmware id, but no loader information.

it's still saying yellow, but I realised this could be because I am in-doors. Anyway, I went in the garden, and then it goes to flashing green - but never to solid green?

It says for me to pull both right and left levers down and then inwards, but the right lever seems to be controlling to gimbal.

Any idea how to get it to go solid green, and is my controller correct for the right lever to be controlling the gimbal (as well as the side wheel thingy).

Thanks in advance

Sounds like some confusion there.
You won't be able to use the app with the P2 - it's for the Vision and the 2+
The right lever doesn't control the gimbal - but the gimbal may move slightly in responds to input on the levers.

Sorry, when I say app I mean the app for the Mac and Windows PC

Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.6

and

Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2

It's like I can't get the drone to unlock, i push inwards on both levers :(

A green flashing slow light is correct?

Green flashing slow is correct. So the motors don't start when you push sticks in and down? Calibrate controller in RC Assistant and again in phantom assistant.

I have just calibrated again, I have done several times now - the gimbal is working with the controller. it just seems to be getting the thing to start its engine :(

MrC said:
Green flashing slow is correct. So the motors don't start when you push sticks in and down? Calibrate controller in RC Assistant and again in phantom assistant.

+1
There is 2 pieces software you need to run.
Do the remote assist first.
Then do the phantom assist.

The camera will move if the left (yaw) stick is moved. This is your 3rd axis stabilisation compensating for yaw (some videograpgers don't like it as the yaw doesn't stop where they want it to stop).

Hi, thanks for the responses - really appricate it.

I have re-calibrated both using the RC app and the Phantom app. Still no joy

Do you have the new version 2 phantom with the tilt dial on the remote? Make sure you are in MODE 2.
The left stick need to click all the way down.

Found the issue, on the command stick calibration, one of the options said rev instead of normal :S

flashing yellow is return to home mode. its a communication issues between your readio and phantom. run the assistant software and make sure all stick are working properly. once it is working, make sure to give it time to acquire a full signal and recalibrate your compass if its your first flight and if you go to different places to fly

hope this helps, have fun and fly safe

flashing yellow is return to home mode. its a communication issues between your readio and phantom. run the assistant software and make sure all stick are working properly. once it is working, make sure to give it time to acquire a full signal and recalibrate your compass if its your first flight and if you go to different places to fly

hope this helps, have fun and fly safe

I think you're a year late to the party. Don't you?? [url=http://www.desicomments.com/desi/smileys/][/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
Just trying to help. He's probabley not the only newb on this site looking for information

True. But did you look at the date the OP posted that question? It was posted Dec 20, 2014.

True. But did you look at the date the OP posted that question? It was posted Dec 20, 2014.

It may have been an old, out-of-date issue... but by his replying to it, the subject was bumped back into sight for new members that may have had some questions answered :)

It may have been an old, out-of-date issue... but by his replying to it, the subject was bumped back into sight for new members that may have had some questions answered :)

Did it answer all your question? Great then if it did.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj